The Army Of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is our guild forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Application - Talon Sharr (Accepted)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Talon

Application - Talon Sharr (Accepted) Empty
PostSubject: Application - Talon Sharr (Accepted)   Application - Talon Sharr (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 7:10 pm

1. Character Name - Talon Sharr

2. Class - Jedi Knight

3. Please describe your knowledge of Star Wars?

I have seen all the Star Wars feature films, and regularly watch the Clone Wars series. I have played through the Jedi Knight, and KOTOR games multiple times, and frequently look up the references made in all those series on Wookiepedia. As a member of the guild NJO I attended frequent lessons on Old Republic, and Jedi History. My Jedi Masters, Kavasta, Vanis, and Celeste provided me with extensive lessons on Jedi philosophy, combat training, and history, respectively.

4. Please tell us about your other guild/MMO experiences.

Guild Name (Reason for leaving if applies): NJO - I left because of internal guild politics, disagreements with leadership, and the eventual reorganization of the guild into a nearly unrecognizable organization
-Game: SWTOR
-Name: Talon Sharr
-Level: Jedi Knight (senior)
-Server: NA
-Class: Jedi Knight
-Race: Human

5. What type of role do you wish to take within the guild? How do you plan to be active?

I will take on the role of a friend, ally, paragon, and for those who require, and desire it, mentor. I feel that in order for a guild to be successful it must have a welcoming, social environment. I have seen how exclusionary practices and favoritism can destroy a guild, rotting it from the inside out. It is my wish to never see that happen again, and so I fill fill whatever role I must in order to prevent that from happening. To that end, I will serve the guild and its members how they need me, be it as a follower, leader, or adviser.

6. Why do you feel the Army of Light is a good fit for you?

I have many friends from my previous guild currently serving with in AL. They already have my trust, respect, and friendship, and so I feel it would be an easy transition.

7. What do you expect of the guild?

I expect exactly what I offer to the guild: respect, maturity, consideration, empathy, and stability

8. Age: 25

9. Time Zone: Pacific

10. Role-Play experience/expectations:

I have experience in chat based RP with multiple participants, as well as forum based RPs where I write a multi-part story either alone or collaboratively with one or more other authors. All I ask for in return from my collaborators are that they put the quality of the experience and the finished work before their own personal glory and grandstanding. The reward is in the doing and in the cooperation, not in making yourself seem all powerful and master of your own private universe.

11. How can you benefit and help the guild?

I offer my service, my knowledge, and my experience. I have no tangible skills to over beyond those things. I can not create websites, or generate spectacular works of art. I only have myself and my time to contribute.

12. How do you define a quality member?

Someone who participates regularly in the guild, and contributes positively to any discussion or activity they apart of.

13. How did you find the Army of Light? Did someone recruit you? If so, please let us know who.

Both Master Jephos and Kavasta have invited me to join.

14a. Have you visited our website and chat room, and familiarized yourself with the, Charter, Mission Statement, and Rules of Conduct?

Yes I have. I have engages in frequent discussions with members in your embassy chat.

14b. Do you pledge to fulfill them, most notably to uphold the virtues of Maturity, Honor, Respect, Personal Ethics and No Drama?

Yes. I have had my fill of drama.

15. Would you say that you embody the qualities of Respect, Honor, Loyalty, and Maturity? What are your definitions of these four words?

I strive for things things at all times and in all aspects of my life and personality. Respect in an extension of your own personal integrity, and applying how you wish to be treated to others. Honor is a personal vow to uphold the principles you hold dear - It is not given and when you lose it, it means you have stolen from yourself. Loyalty is commitment, not blind obedience - it is a choice to stand beside someone or something, but not necessarily follow them down their path. You are there to offer your aid when it is needed, and requested. Maturity is recognizing your development and limitations as an individual. Knowing who and what you are. You know your own strengths and weaknesses, and have your eyes open to opportunities to continue to grown and develop; whether it be learning something new, or changing a preconception.

16. In more than 30 but less than 100 words, please describe your personal character and the type of person you are (We wish to get a good feel of the type of person that will be becoming a part of our guild family)*

I am a seeker of knowledge. I wish to learn as much as I can, from as many people as I can, for as long as I am alive. My personality is lighthearted, and at times random. It is my great joy in life to bring laughter to those around me, however I also recognize that there is as much a need to cry as their is to laugh. In order to have a balanced life you must keep your eyes and ears open to the needs and feels to those around you so that you can be what they need you to be, and not try to force them to being something they are not.

17. Tell us a little about your in-game character*

-Character Name: Talon Sharr

-Character Physical/Mental Features:

Talon is 5'11 with short messy dark brown hair and green eyes. He dresses neatly in blue Jedi robes trimmed in black. He highly intelligent, but often disguises this fact by playing the fool so as to disarm those around him. He is skilled, but is very humble to that fact, holding to the belief that 'pride comes before the fall'. As he has dedicated his life to the pursuit of knowledge he cannot stand the presence of those who embrace ignorance, though he treats them with more pity than anger. He strives for excellence in all areas of his life be it physical or mental. Lastly he is a hopeless romantic, and has been burned more than once because of it. For that fact he has slowly become more jaded at the prospect of love, though he sees it more as a bad joke than as a path to the darkside.

-Character Biography:

Talon was born on the republic core world of Chandrila. His mother died while giving birth to him and so he was rasised solely by his father. Like his older brother and sister, Talon was provided with a fine education from a very young age, and raised in a family that welcomed lively conversation, and encouraged all to speak their minds, so long as their were respectful of the feels of others.

Talon was unique in his family for being the first to join the Jedi order, though the latent affinity to the force was common among them. Once he joined the order he showed great talent in the fields of History, and lightsaber combat, and was quickly ushered into the ranks of the Jedi Guardians, and onto the path of becoming a Jedi Knight.

He studied under numerous Jedi, some Masters, some Knights. It became a recurring joke that he never stayed with one master for a prolonged period of time, even though in many cases the brevity of his tutelage was not by his choice, but rather the result of circumstances outside his control.
Back to top Go down
Jaina Sorak

Jaina Sorak

Application - Talon Sharr (Accepted) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application - Talon Sharr (Accepted)   Application - Talon Sharr (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 9:49 pm

Greetings,

Thank you for taking interest in the Army of Light, and waiting patiently for results. I would like to congratulate you for becoming a trial member of the Army of Light. Trial Membership is a minimum of one week. We just want to remind you, we don't double guild. So please keep that in mind. We are pleased to have you as a loyal member. Welcome to the guild!

[] Obtain an avatar

[] Post at least 15 forum posts of substance
[] Place [AL]Initiate (Jedi), [AL]Recruit (Trooper), or [AL]Mate (Smuggler) depending on your class.
[] Interview with the Supreme Master or Grand Master
[] Visit the Embassy chat:
Click here

~Supreme Master Jaina Sorak
Back to top Go down

Application - Talon Sharr (Accepted)
Page 1 of 1