The Army Of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is our guild forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)

Go down 
+8
Zan Rydo
Vyynn Randos
Amarantine
Traxex Wraw
adymus Lighting
xXxJadenxXx
yvean
TyraelVae
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TyraelVae

TyraelVae

Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Empty
PostSubject: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 6:01 pm

Its a hard decision for me two because i see them as equal sides of a hole ,like yin and yang but i think the lightside will always be a conqueror the reason,the darkside stands alone surronded in betrayal while the light surronds itself with the companions and goodness of others and it is always diverse in nature.

I want if its possible everyones point of view.
Back to top Go down
yvean

yvean

Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Empty
PostSubject: hmm force   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 10:17 pm

I think it all depends on who is currently aligned to what side at the moment. At the end of RotS, the Dark Side was stronger. At the end of RotJ, it was the Light Side. but then agin the darkside is abuse of force and the lightside is one with the force...not sure what to say honestly just wanted to say me thoughts =D
Back to top Go down
http://www.zombo.com/
xXxJadenxXx

xXxJadenxXx

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 5:09 pm

Before we can answer that question, we must know something about the Force itself. The Force, ultimately, is without light or dark. It just IS. The way one uses the Force causes people to label it as light and dark. So which is stronger? I believe that the light side is stronger because wisdom beats raw power alone. True power comes from within, and true Jedi masters know that.
Back to top Go down
TyraelVae

TyraelVae

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 5:47 pm

xXxJadenxXx wrote:
Before we can answer that question, we must know something about the Force itself. The Force, ultimately, is without light or dark. It just IS. The way one uses the Force causes people to label it as light and dark. So which is stronger? I believe that the light side is stronger because wisdom beats raw power alone. True power comes from within, and true Jedi masters know that.
really liked your answer
Back to top Go down
xXxJadenxXx

xXxJadenxXx

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 7:52 pm

Thank you! I like it too lol. Someone try to top that. Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_cyclops
Back to top Go down
adymus Lighting

adymus Lighting

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 7:51 pm

Why the Dark Side wins:
EU fiction goes to pretty good lengths to show that "Light" and "Dark" are inaccurate representations of the two sides of the force. The two sides would be more accurately called "Lawful" and "Chaotic". That's right, D&D. "But I_D!" I hear you say, "The Sith are all heartless bastards who totally deserved turning into wizened freaks and getting thrown down an elevator shaft!"

Yes, yes they are. But they're "Sith", a subset of "Dark," with its own particular codes and beliefs (stronger should be on top, 1 apprentice, who eventually replaces the master, etc. etc. etc.), which are. . . douchetastic?

By the same token: The "Jedi" are passive-aggressive egotistical (you cannot solve it, only us!) (KotOR does much to illustrate this) jerks, who will sit idly by to avoid conflict (Mandalorian Wars), and then punish those who try their best to minimize losses on the one side or the other (albeit with violence) by cutting out an essential part of that person's 'soul'. The Jedi were neatly exterminated because they did not take the best courses of action because they wanted to avoid all conflict. Passivity.

So, what about the Dark and Light sides?

Fundamentally, the dark side channels emotion into action, and the Light side uses iron control to channel actions. Psychologically, this means that the dark side wins hands down. Why? Suppression is repression when it comes to strong emotions (suppressing physical urges, e.g. sex, hunger, etc. are different). This results in the "St. Helen" (or "Iceland") effect: "Everything's fine. I'm not concerned. Even- I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU MOTHERFUCKING BASTARD! I'LL RIP YOUR HEART OUT WITH MY LASER BUTTERKNIFE AND FEED IT TO A SARLACC!" (Thank you, Anakin Skywalker). The Dark Sider will have the odd impulse that results in negative consequence (being a jerk on occasion, hedonism, etc.), they will not go on homicidal rampages at the drop of a hat like the Light Sider. Again, I differentiate "Dark Side" and "Sith". This is a "release valve" system, being a solid person all around, who occasionally vents off some steam, be it blowing off your annoying coworker, or taking a bat to a fax machine.
Back to top Go down
Traxex Wraw

Traxex Wraw

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:06 pm

In my opinion, the dark side is better. Yes, this does sound very sith-like from me, but rest assured i am still light side all the way. I hate treating people like crap.

I do not approve of the jedi teachings. They sit idly by watching people suffer because doing so is "to tempting of the dark side." Somtimes you have to take risks, and those risks could save lives, even if it means breaking the jedi code.

Is it legit to kill somone to save another? yes it is. What if you could bring light to every world by using the dark side? i dont think the council would object.

However, this is just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
xXxJadenxXx

xXxJadenxXx

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:47 pm

I also believe that the strongest potential for a force-user was in the Exile from KOTOR 2, because she wasn't necessarily tied to the rules of the Jedi or Sith, and the option to choose means that she had more freedom, thus more power. Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) 150638
Back to top Go down
Amarantine

Amarantine

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:50 pm

The Force can be used as a weapon of destruction, or as a sword and sheild of protection. The question is not weather which side of the force is

stronger, but how strong are You, and what you do with it.
Back to top Go down
adymus Lighting

adymus Lighting

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:20 pm

xXxJadenxXx wrote:
I also believe that the strongest potential for a force-user was in the Exile from KOTOR 2, because she wasn't necessarily tied to the rules of the Jedi or Sith, and the option to choose means that she had more freedom, thus more power. Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) 150638
Exile whas special because she was the only Jedi/Sith thath ever  give up the force 
Back to top Go down
TyraelVae

TyraelVae

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:00 pm

Well the Exile if we think about it the only one that acted like a true Jedi in that period ,faced everything possible didn't stand idly by and then returned and always helped others ......remember what Zez Kai Elle said "I am no jedi" or Kreia said that those Jedi were not Jedi anymore. To be a Jedi is not to sit idly by to be a Jedi acutally means that your life is only a sacrifice for others and the force .And if there are Jedi that show lack of action when needed those are not Jedi at all.And about the Jedi being exterminated that happened ....actually almost happened 2 times while the sith were eliminated how many times now......i lost count .Any way Jedi to not consider that they should not use emotions but they don't use the dark ones or they choose to transform them ex:Mace Windu used his darkside to make it a weapon of light .And a lot of Jedi are showed to have emotions they just learn how to understand them not how to give in to them .(my opinion if you don't like you don't have to be angry)

Back to top Go down
xXxJadenxXx

xXxJadenxXx

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:26 pm

TyraelVae wrote:
Well the Exile if we think about it the only one that acted like a true Jedi in that period ,faced everything possible didn't stand idly by and then returned and always helped others ......remember what Zez Kai Elle said "I am no jedi" or Kreia said that those Jedi were not Jedi anymore. To be a Jedi is not to sit idly by to be a Jedi acutally means that your life is only a sacrifice for others and the force .And if there are Jedi that show lack of action when needed those are not Jedi at all.And about the Jedi being exterminated that happened ....actually almost happened 2 times while the sith were eliminated how many times now......i lost count .Any way Jedi to not consider that they should not use emotions but they don't use the dark ones or they choose to transform them ex:Mace Windu used his darkside to make it a weapon of light .And a lot of Jedi are showed to have emotions they just learn how to understand them not how to give in to them .(my opinion if you don't like you don't have to be angry)

That is true that the Exile was just about the only Jedi that wanted to help end the Mandalorian Wars, but she was also the most ambitious and "afraid", according to Kreia, so the Jedi Council didn't take kindly to that. It was a mistake to strip the Exile of his lightsaber and Jedi status.
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 1:47 am

The Light is essentially strength through unity. That power comes from individuals giving up their personal wants in order to achieve something more.

The Dark, in direct contradiction, is strength in self. It's belief is that power can only be attainted by self-reliance.

In truth, niether side will ever claim the advantage. It's the ultimate balance. When the Light has dominance, corruption will seep in, as sentient beings are, at their base, flawed creatures. A powerful individual will come along and sieze power, ushering in the reign of the Dark. Of course, subjegation and domination only works so long, as it will weed the righteous from the corrupt, and the Light will band together to defeat the Dark. Therefore, the repeating cycle.

However, the real question isn't one of strength, but that of character. Something to ponder.
Back to top Go down
Zan Rydo

Zan Rydo

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 2:27 am

According to Yoda (Empire Strikes Back), the Dark Side is not stronger (no "Light Side" is ever mentioned in the movies). According to George Lucas, the Dark Side is stronger (AOTC DVD commentary). According to video games like Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight II, and Jedi Academy, the two sides are basically equal, just different (game mechanics for balance sake). Now across Star Wars mythology, going with authorial intent, good triumphs over evil in the end (even if evil happens to be stronger) and the Dark Side IS evil, whereas the Force is a power for good. It's better to be good than it is to be bad, says Lucas. Life works better that way, he says.

In the early scripts of Star Wars, the Dark Side is the "para-force" a corruption of the Force, which is all over the place. So it's a cancer growing. Does that mean it would one day overcome the Force itself? Perhaps, but at least at the present time, it's less all encompassing as the Force itself, so it's not "more powerful" in that sense. But that idea isn't really touched on in the actual movies, at least not until AOTC and ROTS with the "shroud of the Dark Side" idea, but even then it's rather vaguely explained.

Palpatine seems more powerful than any of the "Light Side" Jedi, but then he has weaknesses, like his overconfidence and his faith in the Dark Side of the Force and in his apprentice, Darth Vader.
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 3:24 am

The Jedi have a fundamentally flawed view of the Force, as well as the Sith.

If the Force was black and white, then wouldn't that mean that there would be no temptation for either side. Wouldn't that mean niether side could be seduced/redeemed by the other?
Back to top Go down
Norris bly

Norris bly

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:28 am

Even thought I am not a jedi, Jedi aren't supposed to belive if the dark side or light side is strong, they don't crave for power like the sith. What makes it different is the code. (thats my point of view from a trooper.)
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:44 am

Norris bly wrote:
Even thought I am not a jedi, Jedi aren't supposed to belive if the dark side or light side is strong, they don't crave for power like the sith. What makes it different is the code. (thats my point of view from a trooper.)

In a sentence, that's exactly it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Which is Stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 4:32 am

I do Agree with Jaden about how we choose to use the force, Yet it is very easy to give into darkside by cluding our emotions or getting attached to something or someone very easily. If one cannot simply let go and be mindful of their Loved ones, then they're already heading down the path of the darkside. Also one who may strike they're enemy before contemplating the situation can also easily move you down the path. Keeping an open mind of everything around you can bring balance of the force within yourself. So i do believe it is much easier to fall into darkness then it is to be able to sustain the light within ones self being.
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 12:15 pm

Harbringer Braxis wrote:
I do Agree with Jaden about how we choose to use the force, Yet it is very easy to give into darkside by cluding our emotions or getting attached to something or someone very easily. If one cannot simply let go and be mindful of their Loved ones, then they're already heading down the path of the darkside. Also one who may strike they're enemy before contemplating the situation can also easily move you down the path. Keeping an open mind of everything around you can bring balance of the force within yourself. So i do believe it is much easier to fall into darkness then it is to be able to sustain the light within ones self being.

I disagree. General Halcyon had a secret family and he remained firmly set in the Light Side. The actual act of feeling strongly about someone doesn't lead to the Dark Side, it's the reactions that these people provoke that need to be minded.

I do agree about how it's easier to succumb though.
Back to top Go down
Dash Verne

Dash Verne

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:05 pm

I'm playing on Light so don't think of me as a traitor. I think the darkside is stronger but the Light side is able to defeat it with its great battle plans.
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:09 pm

Dash Verne wrote:
I'm playing on Light so don't think of me as a traitor. I think the darkside is stronger but the Light side is able to defeat it with its great battle plans.

Why?
Back to top Go down
Traxex Wraw

Traxex Wraw

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 10:32 pm

Maybe the discoverers of the force would know...
Back to top Go down
xXxJadenxXx

xXxJadenxXx

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 1:04 am

Just because the dark side may make a Sith a greater threat than a Jedi, does that necessarily mean that the dark side is stronger than the light? Much of the answer lies within one's point of view, and whether one thinks that pure power is better than a deeper understanding of the Force as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 1:11 am

If we're going to ask THAT, then let's define 'powerful' more clearly. Are we simply talking about the sheer Force strength each side gives. Or the ability for each side to influence, etc?
Back to top Go down
xXxJadenxXx

xXxJadenxXx

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 9:56 am

Vyynn Randos wrote:
If we're going to ask THAT, then let's define 'powerful' more clearly. Are we simply talking about the sheer Force strength each side gives. Or the ability for each side to influence, etc?

By power, I am referring to the reoccuring Sith theme of power: how they always want more of it, until it consumes them. And that begs another question: Are the Sith truly powerful, and why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next