The Army Of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is our guild forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Lightsaber?

Go down 
+23
Anyaka_Pall
baoduar
thejbomb65
Rhylid
Ismot
Ory Nara
Kyra Targon
Fortris Drakmir
Turor Eutobi
Caliber Mispir
wannbo
Lanil_Stari
Aadeon Amitey
Traxex Wraw
Darken Starsky
Teyfear
Kaz Rass
Foopaux (aka Trask Nylus)
Jessa Amitey
Akua
RioBanchee
Zan Rydo
Vyynn Randos
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

Your Lightsaber? Empty
PostSubject: Your Lightsaber?   Your Lightsaber? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:59 am

A lightsaber is the most recognizable icon of a Jedi. It is designed from the ground up by it's wielder to be an extension, and representation, of self. Some Jedi form connections so deep with their blades that other Jedi can recognize the Force impression left UPON the blade.

What are ya'll's saber styles and colors going to be? Are you going to be tactical, aggressive, defensive, pacifistic?

Styles: Single, Dual (2 1-handed lightsabers), or Staff (Maul's weapon)

Colors: Blue, green, purple, etc.

Single is the favored weapon style by most Jedi and Sith. Not much to be said. Can be used with any fighting style, and to great effect. Many of the most powerful Force users and duelists used a single blade.

Dual is an incredibly difficult weapon style, typically only being employed by the most dangerous weapon masters. Unskilled wielders cannot keep track of the two blades, unable to comprehend the speed and thought process needed.

Double is such an aggressive weapon style that few Jedi partake in it. Typically, the users are quite young, and tend to be very headstrong.

Please put some thought into your answers. Of course, when the game comes out, your weapon style might vary slightly, so keep that in mind. When I decide on mine, I'll let ya'll know.
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

Your Lightsaber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Lightsaber?   Your Lightsaber? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:24 pm

Reserved for my saber choice and color.

For JA, at least, I know it's not going to be single. NOt very good with single, doesn't feel right.
Back to top Go down
Zan Rydo

Zan Rydo

Your Lightsaber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Lightsaber?   Your Lightsaber? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:06 pm

Dual wield, 1 blue and 1 green, very tactical in my approach almost a conservative counter striker.
Back to top Go down

Your Lightsaber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Lightsaber?   Your Lightsaber? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:39 pm

I Like all 3 styles usually depends on my mood but im trying to work on Single Saber more but i think im best at dual wielding, and colors would have to be Indigo/turqoise
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

Your Lightsaber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Lightsaber?   Your Lightsaber? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:16 pm

Remember, in TOR, I don't think you'll be able to just swap around lightsaber styles without some sort of penalty. Jedi true to Star Wars lore also kept a set style.
Back to top Go down
RioBanchee

RioBanchee

Your Lightsaber? Empty
PostSubject: Subject: Re: Your Lightsaber?   Your Lightsaber? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:34 pm

I agree I would think BioWare would add penalties for swapping lightsabers modes. If you are truly going to live be your decisions. For myself, Duel-Saber purple. To understand why please see Rio Banchee's Bio/Intro Forum. My question is, what type of lightsaber crystals are going to be available and how many will the you be able to carry in your saber? hmmmm Forum Idea.
Back to top Go down
Akua

Akua

Your Lightsaber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Lightsaber?   Your Lightsaber? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:05 pm

Duel weild with an aggresive stance. I want to strike our enemies down before they knew what hit them
Back to top Go down
Zan Rydo

Zan Rydo

Your Lightsaber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Lightsaber?   Your Lightsaber? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 12:04 am

Vyynn Randos wrote:
Remember, in TOR, I don't think you'll be able to just swap around lightsaber styles without some sort of penalty. Jedi true to Star Wars lore also kept a set style.

Hence the advanced classes, I am pretty sure there will be a flashpoint were you decide on which style you are going to be permanently, or so I am told to believe.
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

Your Lightsaber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Lightsaber?   Your Lightsaber? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 12:07 am

I think it's going to be something that goes with your class/advanced. A talent you can train, perhaps.
Back to top Go down

Your Lightsaber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Lightsaber?   Your Lightsaber? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 1:00 am

Can't wait to beat the sith down with my lightsaber. Im deffinitly gunna dual wield unless its not apart of my specialty
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

Your Lightsaber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Lightsaber?   Your Lightsaber? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:03 pm

I'm betting the Jedi Knight will have a 'tank' spec with different options of blades, but the 'dps' spec definately will have different options.
Back to top Go down
Jessa Amitey

Jessa Amitey

Your Lightsaber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Lightsaber?   Your Lightsaber? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:20 am

Everyone is going dual-wield? To me it would really just depend on what sort of mood I'm in, however, I did speficy on my character bio that Jessa relies more on her force powers, so I guess I will be going Single Wield, Green, Defensive.
Back to top Go down

Your Lightsaber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Lightsaber?   Your Lightsaber? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 1:12 am

I think it might depend on your class specialization, probably. If I had a free choice though, I'd go with a purple or blue staff saber.
Back to top Go down
Kaz Rass

Kaz Rass

Your Lightsaber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Lightsaber?   Your Lightsaber? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Your Lightsaber? DualRedLightsabers

My Lightsabers .. Lightning(Bottom) and Rampage(Top), ones Green and the other is Blue
there story will be in my Big Bio
Back to top Go down
Teyfear

Teyfear

Your Lightsaber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Lightsaber?   Your Lightsaber? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 6:06 pm

It'll definitely depend on gaming mechanics.

As someone who has attempted to competitively fight with two weapons, it is something that takes far more years and really, a completely different way of thinking than fighting with a single blade. I would go with one lightsaber unless I had a master to teach me duel weapon fighting.
Back to top Go down
Darken Starsky

Darken Starsky

Your Lightsaber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Lightsaber?   Your Lightsaber? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:18 pm

I'll most likely be going either Black / Green Staff or Dual Blues.
Back to top Go down
http://thearlyoflight.bestforumpro.com
Traxex Wraw

Traxex Wraw

Your Lightsaber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Lightsaber?   Your Lightsaber? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:52 am

Dual blades. Cant reallly decide on colors yet. Not at the moment.
Back to top Go down

Your Lightsaber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Lightsaber?   Your Lightsaber? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 5:47 pm

You can have black?
Back to top Go down
Traxex Wraw

Traxex Wraw

Your Lightsaber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Lightsaber?   Your Lightsaber? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:06 pm

Foopaux (aka Trask Nylus) wrote:
You can have black?

racist... Your Lightsaber? Lol jk
Back to top Go down
Aadeon Amitey

Aadeon Amitey

Your Lightsaber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Lightsaber?   Your Lightsaber? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:44 pm

I would have to go for a single blue or emerald green, can not choose lightsaber. A standard but a unique hilt like a crystal, wood type. But I would go with a Tactical style. I would have a combination of Ataru and Shein probably. I hope they have the specifics for the game.
Back to top Go down
Darken Starsky

Darken Starsky

Your Lightsaber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Lightsaber?   Your Lightsaber? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:37 pm

Of course you can have Black. If Starkiller gets Single Black, then I want a Staff Black. Your Lightsaber? Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
http://thearlyoflight.bestforumpro.com
Lanil_Stari

Lanil_Stari

Your Lightsaber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Lightsaber?   Your Lightsaber? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:18 pm

[quote="Darken Starsky"]Of course you can have Black. If Starkiller gets Single Black, then I want a Staff Black. Your Lightsaber? Icon_eek[/quote

Shocked that i would love
Me personally i hoping to get my Blue or Sliver staff, i Just hope they include the seven style in their thats my big concern.
Back to top Go down

Your Lightsaber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Lightsaber?   Your Lightsaber? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 3:26 pm

2 1 handed lightsaber, but i fight good with one, and quickly activates the other side for a surprise attack !!!!

Color blue.

PS. hope they allowed consulars to wiel 2 1 handed lightsabers in SWTOR.
Back to top Go down
Mohic

Your Lightsaber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Lightsaber?   Your Lightsaber? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 11:18 pm

My lightsaber will be single definately, and it will be blue, just the regular jedi color
Back to top Go down
wannbo

wannbo

Your Lightsaber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Lightsaber?   Your Lightsaber? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 11:35 pm

I myself am going to have a blue singlebladed also =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Your Lightsaber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Lightsaber?   Your Lightsaber? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Lightsaber?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next