The Army Of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is our guild forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Payment Methods

Go down 
+4
Jessa Amitey
Akua
Vyynn Randos
RioBanchee
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RioBanchee

RioBanchee

Payment Methods Empty
PostSubject: Payment Methods   Payment Methods Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:23 pm

Have not seen a thread on this, so I thought I would throw this out to see your ideas.

(A) I prefer a subscription, and will not accept micro-transactions on top of it.
Subscription does not say what type of subscription, read my post to see if it's monthly, daily, hourly, yearly, lifetime, etc.
If micro-transactions are the chosen payment method, I may or may not play, but don't expect me to spend money if I do. - Either way BioWare won't see (much of) my money.
In voting for this option I am not giving my opinion on having alternative payment options through MT that aren't cash shop based (buying limited species to play, planet access passes). Read my post if I have an opinion on that.

(B) I prefer a subscription, and will not accept micro-transactions on top of it.
Subscription does not say what type of subscription, read my post to see if it's monthly, daily, hourly, yearly, lifetime, etc.
If micro-transactions are the chosen payment method, I will probably still play, I may even spend money on in-game items. - There's still money to be gotten from me.
In voting for this option I am not giving my opinion on having alternative payment options through MT that aren't cash shop based (buying limited species to play, planet access passes). Read my post if I have an opinion on that.

(C) I prefer a micro-transaction alternative to subscriptions, but without the option to buy in-game items for real money.
If there are in-game items to be bought, I may or may not play, but don't expect me to spend money if I do. - As option A, either way BioWare won't see (much of) my money.

(D) I prefer a micro-transaction alternative to subscriptions, but without the option to buy in-game items for real money.
If there are in-game items to be bought, I will probably still play, I may even spend money on in-game items. - As option B, there's still money to be gotten from me.

(E) I prefer micro-transactions including cash shop.
If a subscription is the chosen payment method, I may still play. - There's still money to be gotten from me, see my post for likely-hood.

(F) I prefer micro-transactions including cash shop.
If a subscription is the chosen payment method, I will not play. - BioWare won't see my money the

For myself I’m on the fence still, meaning I’m stuck between A & B. I would throw some money into the game if ROI(Return On Investment) was there. Sometimes I like to play as a Nuke and at other times I like playing as a Healer or Tank. If BioWare does not allot extra characters/avatars, but you are allowed to purchase them; I will. Other than that, I have no need for purchasing of weapons, gear etc. To me, it takes away from the accomplishment factor. Oh ya, I might purchase planets if we are focus too...

Your thoughts?? Payment Methods 150638 <-------Basic Jedi stance.....lol

Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

Payment Methods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payment Methods   Payment Methods Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:26 pm

The very concept of buying anything ingame is really lame. I hope they don't do that.

Subscription is what I'm gonna do.
Back to top Go down
Akua

Akua

Payment Methods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payment Methods   Payment Methods Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 2:32 am

A) If they decide microtransactions, I'll have to kick myself in the face.

I hate microtransactions!!
Back to top Go down
Jessa Amitey

Jessa Amitey

Payment Methods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payment Methods   Payment Methods Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:41 pm

Whoever came up with the idea of mircotransaction should be shot. Now, I'm not one to go around shooting people but man, having people PAY for items in a MMO game is pretty low in my option. I wouldn't pay if it was mircotransaction and I certainly wouldn't if it was subscription AND mircotransaction, that is just taking it too far.

I'm pretty much sure it will just be subscription though.
Back to top Go down
Zack Kellso

Zack Kellso

Payment Methods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payment Methods   Payment Methods Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 4:29 pm

A.

I would have to agree with that. I've played some MMO's that had Cash shops and I don't see how they can still be active. Heck, in the MMO 'Perfect World' there are 2 quests every new player finds that REQUIRES THEM to go into the Cash shop and BUY the needed items just to complete them! How stupid is that?!?

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game. But that kinda ticked me off. I won't mind paying a monthly supscription to the game. But if they try to pull something like that off, I will go to Bioware and hit each one of them with a polycarbonate Lightsaber till they change it.
Back to top Go down
RioBanchee

RioBanchee

Payment Methods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payment Methods   Payment Methods Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 4:38 pm

Bioware is know for micro-transactions, ie Dragon Age... Hope not on SWTOR!!!!
Back to top Go down
RioBanchee

RioBanchee

Payment Methods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payment Methods   Payment Methods Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:58 am

Well Sony just released that EQ2 is subscription free soon, with mirco's. How I understand this is that company only makes $15 a month per gamer; where with Mirco's they average $28 a month per gamer. Same with LOTR on-line. Bioware has favored Mirco's from a business prospective; So at this point i suspect they will follow suit with Sony. Hence Dragon age....
Back to top Go down
Teyfear

Teyfear

Payment Methods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payment Methods   Payment Methods Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 12:11 pm

give me a life membership for this one!
Back to top Go down
Mace Wendu

Mace Wendu

Payment Methods Empty
PostSubject: Payment   Payment Methods Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:07 pm

Yeah thats an interesting concept. I would go with that.
Back to top Go down
Baileyus

Baileyus

Payment Methods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payment Methods   Payment Methods Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:18 am

Yeah and EA owns Bioware and they like Micro based fees.I hope it turns out to be monthly subscription.Micro is awful.I dont want to see people with cool gear they just bought from the game.You should have to work for it not pay for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Payment Methods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payment Methods   Payment Methods Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Payment Methods
Page 1 of 1