The Army Of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is our guild forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Lignan Affair (Open)

Go down 
+5
Zack Kellso
John Sorak
Vyynn Randos
Traxex Wraw
Ilvos Gedd
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

The Lignan Affair (Open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Lignan Affair (Open)   The Lignan Affair (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:09 pm

It was the club on Taris all over again.

I had thought that the attraction I had felt for Jessa had been partly due to our sensitivity to the Force. But it was still as powerful, despite her inability to call on the Force. Almost as if I'd been prodded by the business end of a stun baton.

'Uh, of course.'

I enjoyed my room. Perhaps not the ideal living space for a Jedi, though. Though it was a small, cluttered room, claustrophobia had never set in. The broken ends of destroyed lightsabers and the husks of incomplete attempts lay scattered around my bed, which was still unmade. The walls were an encyclopedia unto themselves, with diagrams and lists of every concievable subject covering every spare inch. Captial ship blueprints, battle strategies, footwork for Makashi in a step-by-step procedure, common anti-dotes to common toxins, the timeline of the Jedi Civil War were the posters that immediately caught my eye, among others. I gestured to the chairs in the corner, which sat behind the tiny desk. Maps, family trees, and books, as well as my personal notes lay scattered as if a rancor had stormed trough.

I scrambled to pick up. 'Sorry, had a little project going on.'
Back to top Go down
Jessa Amitey

Jessa Amitey

PostSubject: Re: The Lignan Affair (Open)   The Lignan Affair (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:48 pm

The prospect of going into Vyynn's room for the first time was embarassing, exciting and exhilrating all at once. It made Jessa feel 16 again, as she looked around the small room, cluttered with several items which were sprewn all over the place, causing the newly knighted Jedi to scour around and pick up his mess. During his quick clean up, Amitey continued to looked around his room, pausing by the huge family tree poster across one of his walls. Curiously, she read the names off it out loud.

"A family tree huh, you're lucky, at least you know who your family are"

She smiled softly, remember the days in Tatoonie "My father only cared for me for 3 years before he shipped me off to some Mandolarians, hoping they would-" she paused, hesistant and shook her head "to be honest, I'm not sure why he did"
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

PostSubject: Re: The Lignan Affair (Open)   The Lignan Affair (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:55 pm

When she mentioned how lucky I was about my family, I couldn't help but suppress a snort.

'I never knew my family. My earliest memories are of an orphanage on Alderaan. The director told me, when I grew up, that a spacer had brought me in and left me without any details on where I had come from or where my family was.'

I waved a hand, indicating the mess that was my desk.

'I've been trying to discover someone I've been related to. Anyone. But...'

I sighed, thinking about the long years of painstaking effort.

'...so far, no luck.'

I sat down with a sigh in one of the small chairs, glancing over my most recent notes. The entire mess was an excercise in futility. No relatives, no home of origin. I had nothing to start with, besides the fact the being who'd left me did so at Alderaan. Why Alderaan? Was it convenient? Did he choose it? If he did, why?

Back to top Go down
Ace Toah

Ace Toah

PostSubject: Re: The Lignan Affair (Open)   The Lignan Affair (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:08 am

A large cathar sits in the temple hangar, working on some strange piece of equipment,
he fights off the recent memories of his time with the sith and the experiments they performed
memories of a sith lord and the exposure to sith alchemy, they changed him from human to a
a cathar, who knows why, he did not know.

His fur was white and he had black stripes along it, his claws long and sharp, a large dagger
made from a tooth of some predator in his legguard just over his right paw. he pulls the goggles down
over his face and starts to fuse the pieces of the starship part together, the sparks fly high into the
air, he stops due to the beeping of his comlink

"Major Jurgs you're needed in the war room, General Sken's orders" said a trooper over the comm.
"Ok ill be there in a bit," he sighs and tosses the fusion cutter aside and moves down to his neck.

"I gotta feeling it will be a long day." He says as he walks through the doors out of the hangar, clutching a rifle
in his hand.
Back to top Go down
Ace Toah

Ace Toah

PostSubject: Re: The Lignan Affair (Open)   The Lignan Affair (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:15 am

He enters the war room, he stands at attention and salutes the general, General Sken turns to him
and returns the salute then hands him a datapad.
"At ease Major Toah, its good to see you old friend, Am i getting old or are you alittle more fuzzy?"
Jurgs laughs and spreads his legs with his arms crossed behind his back.
"Yes sir, its a product of sith hospitality..."
a feint scream and echo of laughter circulates in his mind. He snaps back to reality.
He looks at the datapd, a map of a facility on Lignan appears...he notices the barracks and the
suspected number of garrison forces.
"Well i'm not much for infiltration sir,Least wise recently."
The General laughs and nods at him.
"I understand Major Toah, I need you to lead a strike team of six men to infiltrate the base and
recover a bit of information."
He sighs and looks down.
"Im Retired from military service Sir, I plan on spending my days building droids and going fishing on the weekends."
General Sken nods and sighs.
"I understand Major Toah, but this may lead to Krayt. I understand he is responsible for your current predicament.
I thought you could find some answers as to why they used sith alchemy on you."
he sighs and thinks it over, He was enjoying his retirement but he knew hed never truly accept it unless he had the answer.
"Ill take the mission sir, But not for you or the republic, this is strictly for personal reasons."
The General nods and offers his hand.
"i look forward to serving with you again old friend."
he accepts it and shakes it with one of his massive furred hands.
"And you sir."
He turns and leaves the war room, memories of battles past flashing in his mind, the screams of the countless
fathers, sons, brothers and husbands hes killed over the years, the sleepless nights and the many times
hes crawled into a bottle of juma to silence them, now may finally be the day he no longer needs it.
Back to top Go down
Traxex Wraw

Traxex Wraw

PostSubject: Re: The Lignan Affair (Open)   The Lignan Affair (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:41 am

Traxex opened the door, and ducked. A trooper tried to shoot him when he opened the door. There were six. Traxex ignited his orange lightsaber, he wanted to try the lightsaber form Niman again.

With a series of defensive strokes and offensive swings, Trax killed the men in a matter of thirty seconds. To think that silly troopers can defeat a jedi weaponmaster. Hmph.

Then, Trax was thrown accross the hallway into a door. Trax looked up to see a very bulky droid. It had to be at least 8 feet tall, which armor plating as think as the hide of a Krayt dragon. It was Obviously sent to kill the jedi. The people here are smarter than they thought.

The droid can running full speed at Trax, and Trax ignited his other lightsaber. Trax and the droid almost crashed into each other; if Traxex hadn't slid under the droids feet and cut his legs off. Trax looked at the droid, laughing. He walked forward into the next door.

This is what surprised him. The room was filled with...basilak droids. Traxex looked in amazment at these war droids, killing thousands in the madanlorian wars. Then, Trax was thrown again into one of them. The impact broke his nose, Trax seeing stars. He looked back to see...the SAME droid. What in the hell?

Trax changed his lightsaber form to Jar'Kai, a form used for duel blade combat. Trax ran to the droid at full speed and jumped onto the droids back, cutting any part that Trax could. Traxex didnt get thrown off, because he cut the droid into little pieces. What surprised him, though, was the fact that the wires in the droid connected to the other cut part, rebuilding the entire droid back together. If that werent enough, the droid stored data on the combatant it was fighting.

How am i going to get out of this one?
Back to top Go down
Jessa Amitey

Jessa Amitey

PostSubject: Re: The Lignan Affair (Open)   The Lignan Affair (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 5:25 pm

Jessa was shocked, she had assumed from the various graphs and such that he had found his family. How stupid and unsensitive could she be.
"I'm sorry..." she said, deflating from her previous enthusiasm.

"Must of being hard on you" As the padawan continued to circle the room, she spotted Vyynn's bed, it was small, barely enough to fit one person, or two if they were snuggled together. Jessa kicked off her boots and seated herself on the bed, crossing her legs over in a mediational manner.

"I only have one thing left of my family legacy" Jessa paused before silently reaching into her robes and pulling out a small box, similar to a ring box, she smiled at it fondly.

"My master gave this to me after we arrived here and finished the meeting, she told, in his last honours my father had intrusted it to her for me" Jessa lightly lifted the lid of the box, revealing a beautiful teal crystal which sat perfectly in the middle, gleaming in the sunlight.

"They call it Sunrider's Destiny, apparantly it's a rare lightsaber crystal that gives off a teal colour..."

She sighed, her soft feaatures drupping down "It's incredibly hard to tune into the lightsaber though, they say, the person who tunes it is the only one who can ignite it and I don't have my force powers...but-"

She looked up at Vyynn, smiling softly "Master Caliber says, if someone who I trusted, channelled the force through me and helped me tune it, then I could make it work...I wanted him to do it but he said 'only the person who you trust the most can, for they too can ignite the blade'"

"For me Vyynn, that person is you"
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

PostSubject: Re: The Lignan Affair (Open)   The Lignan Affair (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 9:13 pm

My mouth gaped. There were rumors of crystals that were formed so perfectly that when a Jedi focused the Force during a lightsabers creation, the crystal would be impossible to activate after that without the Jedi willing it. I myself had simply created the crystals needed, rather than go out on the traditional pilgrimage to the Force caves on Ilum. It had simply been a matter of convenience.

I eyed the crystal with more than a little trepidation. 'Well, I guess I DO need a new lightsaber', I said, winking at her. I sobered quickly though.

'But I've never tuned a Force crystal before, the ones in my last lightsaber...my only lightsaber were artificial. Beyond that, I don't know how to channel the Force through another being.'

I didn't want to bring up the fact that it was mostly the fact that I could barely sense her through the Force that was causing my anxiety.

Back to top Go down
Jessa Amitey

Jessa Amitey

PostSubject: Re: The Lignan Affair (Open)   The Lignan Affair (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 9:29 pm

"Don't worry" Jessa smiled softly and clasped his hand, pulling him towards the bed and sitting him behind her, so that she sat in between his legs. She had learnt how to fine-tune crystal during her time as a Knight, it was a hard, long task but if one released themselves to the force and trust both the force and blade, it could be done in moments.

"I've done this before, think of me as an empty riverbed and the force as water" she guided both his hands to her shoulder "you are the wind, softly pushing the force through the river, guiding it through the bends"

The former Knight smiled "the blade should imprint both of us into it's memory meaning we both can draw on it and use it" she leant back into Vyynn's chest, closing her eyes, and placing her firebrand hilt on her knees.

"Now start"
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

PostSubject: Re: The Lignan Affair (Open)   The Lignan Affair (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:17 pm

If kissing her had been like being prodded by a stun baton, her leaning into my arms was like being electrocuted by a Sith Lord. I only dimly heard her instructions over the pounding in my ears.

'Now start'.

I had no idea what to do. But I reached out anyways, searching for her mind. I was acutely aware of her weight in my arms as she breathed slowly. I blinked rapidly, trying to focus on something else-

Wait.

That was the problem. I couldn't find her because I was TRYING to avoid her.

I took a deep a breath in, and could smell the shampoo she had used that morning, made from the secretions of the moss in the riverbeds of Tython. I listened to the almost invisibly quiet sound of her breath as it left her body. I focused on the sensation of the heat of her body.

I felt her flicker in the Force, and I dove in.

All my sense cut off abruptly. I felt something bear down on me, a disturbance in the Force that radiated...something. It felt like the sensation of a sedative, but only through the Force. I could feel it's malice close down on me, and instinctively, I lashed out with my thoughts, suppressing it.

It was a talent Master Jaina had been quite clear that I needed to develop: my affinity for confusing and suppressing the Force. My fellow Padawans during training, wether friendly or hostile, had nicknamed me 'Mari', a reference to the Force-nullifying capabilities of the ysalmiri creatures, and the memory of the long hours of practice with my Master roared back as I suppressed the suppressor.

The presence resisted, but it was an almost feeble attempt. As I beat it down, I began to feel senses return. I opened my eyes.

It was an almost completely dark room. I couldn't see any distinguishable walls or features in the black, and the only source of illumination was small hole in the ceiling where faint light trickled in, creating a small circular patch of dim light on the floor. I started torwards it.

And immediately stopped, the only warning a silent shout in the Force.

I let my knees collapse, and with an almost angry snarl, a scarlet blade snapped to life and swung through where my neck had been seconds previously. I rolled backwards, ending with a small backflip.

My assailant was shorter than I was. Wearing a cloak, and in dim light, it's face was obscured in shadows, as well as all body definition. It's gloved hands grasped the the lightsaber firmly, and it pointed the tip of the blade at me, almost accusingly.

I stood, reaching for my own saber-

it was your fault

-until I remembered that it had been destroyed during my Knightship duel.

How very practical. Guess that one is my fault.

I straightened, and reached into the Force-

YOU COULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING

-and cried out in pain as the thought ripped its way through my skull.

What in the blazes?

The cloaked figure advanced, the blade swinging steady trails through the air. The triumph and hatred pouring out of the figure were so strong I could feel it through my suppression.

I can't just die here like an animal, defenseless and cringing. I should have been faster in my duel with Jaina, I could've done something...

I could feel my control over the Force slipping as the figure approached. The distance was less than 3 meters-

whyamisoweakicoudlhavekilledhimishouldhavekilledhim

-I fell to my knees, the pain bewildering. I could barely feel the figure standing over me, watching me. My connection to the Force was almost...

Almost gone.

In that single moment of clarity, of earth shattering realization, I felt the figure gasp.

I surged to my feet, my control returned. The figure, obviously suprised, struck at me, but I was ready. Ducking, I snatched at it's hand, getting control of the hilt, and I grimly threw back the hood.

It was Jessa. But not the Jessa that had quietly slipped into meditation with me minutes ago. The woman in front of me, if she could be called that, was a monster. It's hair was bleached white and scraggly, as if it had been burnt to a crisp. Dead. Her face was ashen gray, and wrinkled as if she had aged a hundred years in a minute, though it's shape was still that of a young woman. He eyes were black orbs that seemed to absorb the light around the sockets, leaving them dark and bruised.

The specter of Jessa's dark side energy screamed in fury. With the Force assisting, I wrenched the blade away from the shadow, and without a second thought, struck.

To no avail. The blade almost faded away as it passed through the specter, leaving no sign of damage. The...beast smiled widely at me, showing it's teeth.

Thought I was free of it's influence, having realized the truth, I couldn't strike the specter down. It was the very manifestation of her interrupted connection to the Force, her dark side tendancies imbued with all her power...and all of her potential. While at the moment it was fake, the Sith Lord in front of me had the potential to be very real. Only Jessa could defeat it.

But she was too distracted by the whispers the thing was pushing into her head. I had felt the potency of the deceit, the perfection that caused me to think the thoughts were my own. It was all the more terrifying to know that those thoughts were the exact ones that Jessa had been dealing with for years. And right then, I realized why the Force had brought me here.

The crystal was an analogy. Jessa couldn't defeat this thing on her own, stripped of her confidence as she was.

But I was here. She had me.

'For me, Vyynn...'

Focused as I was on the quiet voice, I didn't notice the humming of the lightsaber alter as the creature raised it' s hands, preparing to strike.

'...that person is you.'

With a fresh shriek, the lightsaber snapped to a light, brilliant teal color, drowing out the cry of fear from the specter.

I raised the blade, and struck.

The weapon cleaved a long line down the specters front. It caught fire, flailing about. The specter looked at me with Jessa's face, the flesh melting like heated wax, and reached out to me. I swung again, rending the hand from the monster, which instantly dissapated.

It shrieked in a voice that reminded me violently of death. The things eyes burned into mine.

The specter exploded in a burst of dark side energy. I cringed, preparing for the pain, but the glow from the altered saber beat the rush back, carving a slight bubble free from taint.

As the energy faded away, I switched off the saber. The room winked out, and I tensed, expecting the creature to return.

But it wasn't the same. I didn't feel suffocated. Quite the opposite. I felt the quiet power of someones grasp of the light wash over me, as well as a familiar scent.

The scent of shampoo.

Back to top Go down
Ilvos Gedd

Ilvos Gedd

PostSubject: Re: The Lignan Affair (Open)   The Lignan Affair (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 1:02 am

((OOC: Guys, I'll be gone for a while; I'm off to Montana to do community service on a Native American reservation with my church. Carry on in my absence, I'll work things out when I get back.))

Circling, circling, Ilvos and Feyas waited for the moment's advantage that would decide their battle. They watched one another, waiting for the flexion or tension of muscles that would mean the other was preparing to strike. The smuggler's heart was beating a million times a minute, and he was glad for it; at this point, he was lucky it was still beating. Finally, he saw his chance and took it. Kicking out with all of his might, he pulled it from its minor magnetic moorings and sent it at his assailant. She was too quick, kicking it sideways to direct it away, but he'd planned for that. Kicking the corner that now faced him, he spun the entire piece of durasteel into her kneecaps from an unexpected direction; she was thrown onto the table by the impact, and the knife left her hands, skittering across the floor as the blaster had done. But this time Ilvos didn't leap for it; instead he ran forward and shoved the table onto its side, dumping the Imperial Agent onto the deck plating and keeping her stunned a moment longer. He kicked the table into her prone form in the hopes of making her stay down as he pulled his holdout blaster from the concealed pocket deep within his vest.

To be even more compact and difficult to detect, the blaster was broken down into handle and barrel; now that Ilvos had time to retrieve them, he assembled them quickly, snapping them together. When Feyas emerged from the other side of the table, still ready to fight, he leveled his new weapon at her. "Game over," he said, his face nearly as cold as her own even as a little river of blood trickled from his nose. Unsurprisingly, she was unwilling to accept that conclusion. She ducked, evading the two shots the smuggler squeezed off at her once she began to move, and picked up the table, using it as a massive shield. Charging him, she pushed him to the wall and pinned him there, trying to crush him slowly. But that plan was doomed to fail; he soon worked his blaster arm free and fired off another hail of shots, one of which singed her leg despite her impressive dodging ability and use of cover. She ran for the door, limping slightly, and slid a keycard through the fried door controls. To the smuggler's surprise, the door opened, then slammed behind her; some sort of emergency override, no doubt.

He didn't want to let her get away, but unless he could find a way to get the door open quickly he stood little chance of tracking her down. He pushed the table aside and was halfway across the room when he smelled the fumes. They were rising from beneath the deck plating, obviously a security measure against trapped invaders like himself. They were also lethal; he'd smelled their like before, and knew that they would liquify his organs in under thirty seconds. Pulling his scarf from one of his vest pockets, he held it over his nose and mouth, then calmed his mind; he would never escape if he panicked. The door was well and truly shut and locked, and nothing he did would open it. After a few precious seconds of increasingly desperate observation, the smuggler spied what he needed: an environment control unit had been specifically assigned to keep Feyas a little chilly, to keep her from becoming soft; it was a vent that connected to a persona generator, to prevent infiltration via the ducts. The space within was small, but it was his only hope for survival.

Tearing away the grate, Ilvos squeezed into the cramped metal duct between the fan and the opening. Careful not to place his fingers too near the blades, he worked his way around, finally seating himself in a hunched position between the fan and the generator. He would't be chilled to death here, and with the fan pushing air out, the fumes couldn't make it in. The downside was that all he could do was wait until the fumes were dissipated by the fan's continued efforts. He fumbled around for a bit of quickseal plaster and pressed it over his nose; straightening it was painful, but he had to rely on looking like less of a scoundrel than he really was, and that meant no serious hand to hand scars. Slowly his exhausted body fell into a fitful sleep; only time could save him now.
Back to top Go down
Jessa Amitey

Jessa Amitey

PostSubject: Re: The Lignan Affair (Open)   The Lignan Affair (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:54 pm

It was like an electric shock vibrating through her body, surging it back to life, blood boiling, enegry flowing through every channel. Jessa felt alive again, the room before her returned to a huge flood of vibrant colours again as she slowly opened her eyes from meditation. At first everything was a blur, swirling endlessly in a hurricane, just like the time she had experienced the sever force, but then everything fell back into place and Jessa returned to the world she remembered.

The world of the force.

Jessa found whole body was shaking from head to toe, unsure whether it was from excitement or shock, or a mix of both. Her arms responded at twice
the speed it had previously, has she put her palms in front of her face, admiring the power that had returned to her. It felt like a piece of the Padawan's soul had returned to her, made her whole.

Her legs began to respond too, she could now wiggle or toes and rotate her feet and as well as swing her legs from side to side, removing her handicap. Jessa was so lost in her excitement and joy, she didn't noticed Vyynn's head slump down onto her shoulder, until he let out a muffled moan. Then it clicked to her, Vyynn must of released her powers.

Hurriedly, she lifted his head up lightly and examined him, he was pale and small beads of sweat trickling down his face but other than that he seemed fine.

"What happened? What did you do?"
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

PostSubject: Re: The Lignan Affair (Open)   The Lignan Affair (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:10 pm

It took every last bit of effort I had left.

'Oh, nothing much,' I said, proud of how steady and nonchalant my voice sounded.

I tried to move, and growled quietly as half the muscles in my body cramped. It felt like I had completed 10 Knightship trials in one hour.

'Seriously though, let's leave it at that.'

I reached into the Force for rejuvenation, and felt Jessa's presence. Clean and vibrant, lacking the taint that had corrupted her since I had met her on Taris. It was something I'd never sensed before.

Her emotions rolled out from her in an endless wave, so many I couldn't begin to categorize them. I had to revert to ordinary eyesight, taking in the expression of pure delight mixed with worry.

'I'm not gonna die or something, geez. I'm fine.' I winced slightly as she leaned my back against the wall. Her lightsaber hung off her belt as she did so, and I remembered what we had originally set out to do.

'The crystal! What happened to it?'

Back to top Go down
Traxex Wraw

Traxex Wraw

PostSubject: Re: The Lignan Affair (Open)   The Lignan Affair (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:15 am

Nothing Trax did could have destroyed this droid. Every new trick that he did, the droid would store it, and every old trick that he did, the droid would know what he was doing.

But, if Trax could just cut the droid with his orange lightsaber...that might work.

Trax decided to move to the offensive, his lightsaber swinging in an odd way. Traxex made his own form of lightsaber combat, not nearly perfected yet, but the basics were covered. The form resembled Juyo, an agressive yet odd pattern. Trax's form was based on a form of Ataru and Juyo, fast attacks that changed direction at any moment.

The other good thing about Trax's orange lightsaber was that it had a lava crystal in it.

Trax jumped, the droid trying to reach. But he couldnt. Throwing his golden lightsaber, the droid scanned it, but with vain. Trax unleashed his deadly form, burning the droid piece by piece. The droid, unable to do anything, tried to scan him again, but he didn't put himself back together

Bad mistake.

Trax burned through all of the droids necessary pieces, lava spewing from his burning blade. The droid, now unable to move, did the only thing that could have a chance of hurting Traxex.

"3"
"2"
Oh shi-
"1"
BOOM

Trax went flying, a basilak droid falling from the wall. Trax hit the wall with a crunch, and everything around him blurred, his ears could hear nothing. Finally, everything went black...
Back to top Go down
John Sorak

John Sorak

PostSubject: Re: The Lignan Affair (Open)   The Lignan Affair (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:13 pm

john heared a loud explosion in the room that the jedi was in "what could he possibly ave done now"" he said as he and his droid zipped down the hall to the scurity room the jedi was in. he saw the jedi sitting in the corner kocked out on the floor, he ran over to him "you ok?" he asked as he took out his med pack. his droid rolled up to john beeping and whistleing as john used a bacta injection on the jedi "should be awake in a little bit" he said while picking him up. "lets get back to the terminal and hold that position for now" john said to his droid as he started walking back not noticeing a repair droid comeing from behind him. he quickly reached the terminal and locked the doors until the jedi woke up. he sat in the corner and took his blaster back out to gaurd the room. "now we wait" he said as his droid monitored the treminal for any changes or if his squad mates were in trouble.
Back to top Go down
lexodus

lexodus

PostSubject: Re: The Lignan Affair (Open)   The Lignan Affair (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 5:35 pm

(OOC: I'll just sit this one out, too far developed)

Last edited by lexodus on Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:11 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
John Sorak

John Sorak

PostSubject: Re: The Lignan Affair (Open)   The Lignan Affair (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 6:51 pm

(OOC: *cough* god mod *cough* its ok though *cough*)
Back to top Go down
Traxex Wraw

Traxex Wraw

PostSubject: Re: The Lignan Affair (Open)   The Lignan Affair (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:36 am

(OOC: lol John)

Trax's position couldnt have been better. However, this brought a troopers attention. A security terminal was outside of the room the trooper was at, John on the opposite side taking point. The room began to fill with water, the trooper obviously didnt know that a nautolan could breath underwater.

Heh, this'll mend my wounds faster. Thanks, trooper.

Trax waited until the room would fill with water, then he would attack.

Last edited by Master Traxex Wraw on Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
John Sorak

John Sorak

PostSubject: Re: The Lignan Affair (Open)   The Lignan Affair (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 1:27 pm

john stood seeing that the jedi was fine he let out a sigh of relief, the room slowly filled with water when it was at johns neck he said "next time research your enemys better, you never know how they might surprise you. john took out his blaster and shot the door control and he fell backward into the water he swam to the two gaurds and cut ones leg and impaleing the other. john then stood straight up "well that was refreashing" he said waiting for the last one to make its move.
Back to top Go down
Ilvos Gedd

Ilvos Gedd

PostSubject: Re: The Lignan Affair (Open)   The Lignan Affair (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 11:08 am

((OOC: Back! Missed you guys.))

Ilvos was worse than light-headed; even behind the fan, the dense vapors had begun to reach their deadly tendrils toward his half-sleeping form. Wisps of toxin began to force themselves into his airways, attacking his brain; his sleep filled with nightmares as his body struggled with even the tiny amount it had been made to inhale. The room itself, full with the toxin as it was, could've felled a bull rancor with ease, and with nowhere else to go the gas was fighting the fan harder than ever. Behind it, trapped in partial consciousness, the smuggler fought a battle with which he was unfamiliar. He had learned of his nervous system, how to make himself practically impervious to pain, but that did not save him from injury and death. This was not an assault on his mind, something he could push aside to allow him to keep going. It was a direct attack on his body, and the only solution was one that he had never before even considered attempting.

Reaching through his nightmares deep into himself, Ilvos found his immune system. His vision was gone; cells do not see. But a curious awareness remained within him. He could feel the tissue of his lungs being corrupted, the pneumocytes clogging with a self-propogating filth. He could not discern color, but the stuff felt purplish-black, a vileness that only his body's failing defenses could fully comprehend. He could hold his breath for a long time by efficiently managing his oxygen, though not nearly so long as one trained in the Force, but the toxin was already pumping through him. He would have to command the most unorthodox army he could possibly imagine: a microscopic one inside his body. He dared not take deep breaths to focus himself; instead he focused on the humming of the fan, listening to its constant pulse as he prepared for the coming struggle.

Reaching down, the smuggler pulled white blood cells out of tissues where they were not required, massing them and dispatching them toward the fight in his lungs. They could not filter the toxin, but they could destroy his corrupted tissues before the infection spread further. Then he found his liver, trying to work overtime to filter something no human was meant to be able to filter. He had to give it more. Reaching to his other organs, he found the electrical impulses he needed. He shut down his stomach, his intestines, his muscles, even the unnecessary parts of his brain. And then, with an effort of utmost will, he imagined a silver sword cutting a channel through himself. He felt the pain for only an instant; even braced as he was, its sheer impact catapulted him into unconsciousness. He drifted in a field of nothing, only the feeling of his own pulsing organs showing him that he was still alive.

When he awoke, Ilvos spat blood onto clothes already stained crimson. Pulling open his vest, he saw a great, ugly splotch running the length of his torso. And yet it gave him a sense of triumph. He had, through force of will, ruptured his own internal tissue, creating a passage from lungs straight to liver and filtering the foulness away. He could feel the tissue beginning to re-knit, allowing the electrical impulses he had borrowed from his organs to speed the process. The pain was intense and constant, too widespread for him to filter out, but he had survived. But the toxin still remained; there was only one thing to do, a chance he had no choice but to take. Pushing a jolt to his muscles, he ripped the fan's casing away, gripped it by the motor, and held it before him as he crawled out of the duct and charged into the room. Immediately the toxin pressed in on him again; he felt weak by the time he reached the door, even with all of his new processes. His feet dragged; his hands became numb. It was hard to think.

The smuggler breathed in ragged gasps, his lungs desperately forcing him to take in the very thing that was destroying them. Holding the fan near his face in one hand, he reached over to the door controls with the other and ripped the panel away. Pulling wires out and shoving them back with all the speed he could muster, he soon reached the moment of truth. He pulled the power cell from the fan, which soon spun to a stop, and shoved it into the door in place of the damaged one. The toxin washed over him immediately, a wall of choking, slow but inevitable death. He sagged against the door, surrendering... and then it slid open, dumping him into the hallway. His own pulse sounded in his ears, impossibly loud, as the atmospheric scrubbers of the vessel filtered the gas that had nearly killed him away. "I know I had the whole change of heart deal," Ilvos muttered to himself, "but did I really have to go and work with the Republic?"

Just then, a cold voice the smuggler had learned to despise came over the intercom. "Republic saboteurs," she began, "this vessel made a distress call ten standard minutes ago. That call was answered by the Immolator, a Sith dreadnought captained by Inquisitor Lord Umbrus. Lord Umbrus is not known for mercy in the cases of those who dare to defy him. He brings with him elite Jedi-hunters, and they will locate, capture, and torture you. Whether they torture you to death depends whether you decide to surrender; you have a standard hour to decide." Time was running out for the mission, and not so much as a single Lignan crystal had been destroyed...
Back to top Go down
John Sorak

John Sorak

PostSubject: Re: The Lignan Affair (Open)   The Lignan Affair (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 12:02 pm

john was still useing the terminal to find the crystals "gosh how hard is it to find something on this ship" he said while reaching for his comm unit and datapad. he slid it out of his bag and connected it to the siths terminal mainframe. he saw flashing lights under distress signal, he opened it seeing that there was a ship highlighted he assumed it was comeing for them. he activated his comm unit and broadcasted to everyone in the squad "were running out of time, on the map of this ship there is a area missing near the bridge if any of you are near it i would advise checking it out. send me your locations and ill make my way there". he closed the channel and put the comm unit back in his pocket. "come on wake up" he said lifting traxex out of the water. "i gues i gotta carry you again" he said while positioning traxex over his shoulder and disconnecting his datapad after downloading the blueprints for the ship. john walked down the hall waiting for someone to send him a transmisssion on their status or location.
Back to top Go down
Traxex Wraw

Traxex Wraw

PostSubject: Re: The Lignan Affair (Open)   The Lignan Affair (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 4:12 pm

Traxex awoke with a start. He had gotten lazy. This smuggler kept aiding him, saving his life again and again. Traxex needed to put his training to good use. He should start here, as Trax would soon be close to becoming a master.

"Thanks for the help" Traxex said the the smuggler. "Im fine now, you dont need to carry me. So, whats your name?"

Before the smuggler could reply, Trax heard a chilling voice over the intercomm. "Republic saboteurs," she began, "this vessel made a distress call ten standard minutes ago. That call was answered by the Immolator, a Sith dreadnought captained by Inquisitor Lord Umbrus. Lord Umbrus is not known for mercy in the cases of those who dare to defy him. He brings with him elite Jedi-hunters, and they will locate, capture, and torture you. Whether they torture you to death depends whether you decide to surrender; you have a standard hour to decide."

"A Inquisitor? I wonder..."

The smuggler looked confused, obviously not knowing what Trax was thinking

"Listen, I need to confront this Sith. I need you to find some explosives. Plant them around the ship. Then, get out of there. Ill find some way to activate them. Once you plant them, go find the crystals."

As Traxex ended saying that, he heard the all to familiar sound of a certain robot.

"Ill hold him off," Trax said while igniting his fiery orange lightsaber. "You plant those explosives"

Traxex charged at the robot...
Back to top Go down
John Sorak

John Sorak

PostSubject: Re: The Lignan Affair (Open)   The Lignan Affair (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 5:30 pm

john watched as the jedi charged "idiot" he said as he continued to walk with his droid "by the way its john" he said as he planted explosives long his way "all you gotta do is turn the handle and press the button" he said while magneticly sealing the bomb and activateing the first one. "ill do the first five the rest you should do" he said while placeing the second one on the terminal, by doing so he accidentaly messed up the mainframe "hope that doesnt cause any problems" he said while walking into the elevator. he waved at the jedi and went to the bridge. "funky" he said as his droid rolled up behing him "what the kriff do they keep up here" he asked while pulling his bandana over his mouth and nose. "guess we should set the charges along the hull of the ship" he said while putting a space sute on "common sute wont give me the upper hand come on t4 this should be fun" he said while holding his droid and onto a pole, he opened the airlock and held on tight as the air was sucked out the room. when it was over he went out ontu the open hull of the ship setting the explosives.
Back to top Go down
Jessa Amitey

Jessa Amitey

PostSubject: Re: The Lignan Affair (Open)   The Lignan Affair (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 7:13 am

The mention of the crystal brought Jessa back to reality, she gave Vyynn another look over and gave him a look imply that she intended to ask further what had happened. But for the time being they had more important things to think about.

She reached down to her belt and drew out the light saber, which still seemed normally within it's customized firebrand hilt. Using her newly aquired force, Jessa lifted up the hilt and held it steady in mid-air, though it took a while to hold still, with her force still a little unstable. Slowly, she dismantled the saber, first the pommel cap with the heavy extra power cell, then the Diatium power cell slowly slipped out and continued to float. Jessa slowly continued to dismantle until the hilt was empty and all the components were in the air, towards her she brought sunrider's destiny which gleamed in the light of the room. It seemed normal but as she began putting the saber back together, it glowed brightly almost blinding her. She closed her eyes.

"I think..it wants me to do it without looking" Jessa hesitated, she wasn't use to put her lightsaber together let alone without looking.

"Vyynn, help me out please" for some reason she felt like it should be both of them doing it, not just her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lignan Affair (Open)   The Lignan Affair (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Lignan Affair (Open)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2