The Army Of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is our guild forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Application - Twan (Accepted)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Twan

Application - Twan (Accepted) Empty
PostSubject: Application - Twan (Accepted)   Application - Twan (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 5:54 am

1. Character Name (this will be your name on the site and forums):*

Twan

2. Class (Jedi Consular, Jedi Knight, Smuggler, or Trooper):*

Jedi Knight

3. Please describe your knowledge of Star Wars? The more detailed the better, please: *

My knowledge of Star Wars is, I'd like to think above average for a fan. Of course I seen the films countless times. I totally love the newer Clone Wars series on Cartoon Network. I've run through KOTOR I & II at least 5 times a piece. I've played Jedi Outcast I & II as well. I've read every book after the X-Wing Series. And my BBY knowledge consist of every and anything Darth Bane and Darth Maul related. I wish I could find more on Ulic Qel-Droma and Exar Kun. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

4. Please tell us about your other guild/MMO experiences. If there is more than one guild/experience, please include all of them. If you left your last guild, please tell us why you decided to leave. If you have used more than one name, please list them all.*
Guild Name (Reason for leaving if applies):

Safe to discount any Guild/MMO experience I have.
I detest WoW and I only played EvE Online for like 4-5 days.

5. What type of role do you wish to take within the guild? How do you plan to be active? Please be specific.*

I wish to eventually take a teachers role. Helping out any new players that may join the AoL in the distant future. Until that time I just want to learn as much as possible. My game activity should be about 20-25 hours a week. My forum activity will be only slightly less based on how much new content the forum produces.

6. Why do you feel the Army of Light is a good fit for you?*

Well I had invitation from two other guilds and I observed a couple of others as well. It was close between AoL and another guild but I chose AoL because I was actually invited here. The highlights of AoL in my opinion are the progressive ranking system that includes a learning program. I'm not a major RPer but seeing that AoL promotes RP I just know there has to be plenty of creative people to share ideas with here. And my invite was well delivered. Not rushed or sloppy. It showed an experience that I not only CAN learn from but WANT to learn from.

7. What do you expect of the guild? Please be specific.*

My expectations are what I assume many people's expectations are. I just want to be respected and given a chance to prove myself helpful in further the goals of the guild. I want to be taught the ways of MMOing and RPing.

8. Age:*

22 Years Old

9. Time Zone:*

Pacific Standard Time

10. Role-Play experience/expectations. Can you give us some examples of Role-Playing you have participated in before. When it comes to expectations, give us an example of what would be fun to participate in, what you are looking for, etc.*

I'm not new to Role Playing but I've never actually done any of my own. I know the basic workings of it and that RPing with people who don't know how (i.e. people like me) can be quite frustrating. My expectations in the RP department are simple. I just want to learn from others so that I can have a complete gaming experience. Maybe a few practice scenarios or something of the sort so that I can get the hang of things without having to embarrass myself in public.

11. How can you benefit and help the guild? Please include any skills or talents you have that you would enjoy doing within the guild. How have you helped your previous guild(s), if you have previous experience?*

Hmmm, honestly as of right now the only thing I'm sure I can do for the guild is learn, learn, learn. I do have the ability to take ideas to the next level, so I guess plans and activities could eventually benefit from my input.

12. How do you define a quality member?*

I think a quality member always thinks of the guild when taking action or speaking. Not so much put the guild first but realizing that they are part of something bigger. The best members are always making sure that they are being good role models for the newer members and making themselves available so that people can learn from their mistakes and successes. A quality member doesn't need a smiling face but a smiling heart would be great.

13. How did you find the Army of Light? Did someone recruit you? If so, please let us know who.*

I posted in the looking for republic guild thread on the SWTOR forums about 11 days ago and the next day I received several messages including one from Supreme Master Jaina Sorak. After a little over a week of closely looking at 3-4 possible choices I decided on the Army of Light.

14a. Have you visited our website and chat room, and familiarized yourself with the, Charter, Mission Statement, and Rules of Conduct? (You must answer in the affirmative and please prove that you have)*

I have not visited the chat room. I've barely had any net time this past week but I look forward to joining the chat within the next 2-3 days. I've looked over the website a few times. Love the layout and the flow of things. Very user friendly and holds quick to the point information. The mission statement is clear cut and something I agree with completely. Rid the galaxy of injustice, evil, the Dark Side, peace, virtues and security. I have looked over rules and policies and find them to be fair and very agreeable. Following them should prove more than doable.

14b. Do you pledge to fulfill them, most notably to uphold the virtues of Maturity, Honor, Respect, Personal Ethics and No Drama?*

I pledge to follow all rules and abide by all policies laid out by the AoL. I also pledge to uphold the virtues of Maturity, Honor, Respect, Personal Ethics and No Drama.

15. Would you say that you embody the qualities of Respect, Honor, Loyalty, and Maturity? What are your definitions of these four words? Please don’t just answer yes or no, let us know why you think you possess these qualities.*

I would definitely say I embody Respect, Honor, Loyalty, and Maturity. Respect is shown by treating people fairly as well as listening to others and not attacking another person's personal feelings or beliefs. Honor is exhibited by being true to word and not using underhanded tactics for personal gain or the downfall of another. Loyalty is demonstrated by always doing your best to make your chosen affiliations are not harmed by your words or actions. Maturity is shown by simply acting in a manner that is sociably appropriate for whatever situation you may find yourself in.

16. In more than 30 but less than 100 words, please describe your personal character and the type of person you are (We wish to get a good feel of the type of person that will be becoming a part of our guild family)*

I would say vigilant. I believe when you set your mind to something you should accomplish that goal. I guess it'd be fair to say I'm laid back as well. Not really playful but I don't take life too seriously. I'm also an avid learner. If something is able to be learned I wish to have at least a basic understanding of it. Lastly, I'd have to say optimistic. Whenever given the chance I like to see the good in a situation.

17. Tell us a little about your in-game character*
-Character Name:

Twan (Unsure of an in game last name as of this time)

-Character Physical/Mental Features:

Mentally sound. No trauma in my history that would need therapeutic attention.
Physically? A human male of slightly above average build. 6'0" tall, 202 lbs. Black buzz cut hair and Dark Brown eyes. Clean shaven. A face some would call unreadable but I'd like to call stoic.

-Character Biography:

Born on Nal Hutta. Raised in a life of space travel. Cheerful childhood. Adolescence brought a sense of duty when it came time to get a job and pay his own way. Become a bit more serious but is far from incapable of cracking wise from time to time. Approached by a Jedi who sense the force in me and told of the newly built Academy on Tython while traveling the core worlds looking for work. Forgoing the meaningless life of a free roamer he decided to dedicate himself to the way of the Jedi and by association The Republic. Doesn't much enjoy fighting but will gladly pick up his weapon in defense of himself or the defenseless.

A More in depth Biography has slowly but surely been making progress since I first heard of SW:TOR a little more than a year ago. Should be done before Spring comes around.
Back to top Go down
Twan

PostSubject: Re: Application - Twan (Accepted)   Application - Twan (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 6:01 am

Typo in the answer to question 14a.

The mission statement is clear cut and something I agree with completely. Rid the galaxy of injustice, evil, the Dark Side, peace, virtues and security.

Should read as follows.

The mission statement is clear cut and something I agree with completely. Rid the galaxy of injustice, evil, the Dark Side, threats to peace as well as virtues and security.
Back to top Go down
Jaina Sorak

Jaina Sorak

PostSubject: Re: Application - Twan (Accepted)   Application - Twan (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 12:38 pm

Thank you for your interest in the Army of Light. The Recruitment Council will review your application and get back to you within 48 hours.
Back to top Go down
Jaina Sorak

Jaina Sorak

PostSubject: Re: Application - Twan (Accepted)   Application - Twan (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 2:37 pm

Greetings,

Thank you for taking interest in the Army of Light, and waiting patiently for results. I would like to congratulate you for becoming a trial member of the Army of Light. Trial Membership is a minimum of one week. Welcome to the guild!

[] Obtain an avatar

[] Post at least 15 forum posts of substance
[] Place [AL]Initiate (Jedi), [AL]Recruit (Trooper), or [AL]Mate (Smuggler) depending on your class.
[] Interview with the Supreme Master or Grand Master
[] Visit the Embassy chat:
Click here

~Supreme Master Jaina Sorak
Back to top Go down
Twan

PostSubject: Re: Application - Twan (Accepted)   Application - Twan (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 6:01 pm

Thank you.
It is an honor to be accepted and I promise to do my very best.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/update_security_info.php?wizard=1#!/prof
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Twan (Accepted)   Application - Twan (Accepted) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application - Twan (Accepted)
Page 1 of 1