The Army Of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is our guild forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Application- "Warhead" Quayce (Accepted)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Warhead

Warhead

Application- "Warhead" Quayce (Accepted) Empty
PostSubject: Application- "Warhead" Quayce (Accepted)   Application- "Warhead" Quayce (Accepted) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:14 am

Application- "Warhead" Quayce (Accepted) Warhea11

1. Character Name (this will be your name on the site and forums): Warhead (Hreth "Warhead" Quayce)

2. Class (Jedi Consular, Jedi Knight, Smuggler, or Trooper): Trooper/ Commando

3. Please describe your knowledge of Star Wars?
The more detailed the better, please: Well I was standing in line for tickets the night it opened on 25MAY77. Been pretty damn interested ever since. I would estimate that I am approximately 75% proficient with most Star Wars information according to a Wookipedia comparison. Well versed in timeline, technology, characters, overview and content of most published movies, novels, games and technical manuals. Played most if not all the computer games, and the RPG.

4. Please tell us about your other guild/MMO experiences.
-Guild Name (Reason for leaving if applies): Honor Unbroken- Guild evaporated
-Game: Everquest
-Name: Kythe
-Level: 80
-Class: Ranger
-Race: Human
-Name Druce
-Level 80
-Class Warrior
-Race Barb
-Server: E Marr

Guild Name: Black Knights - Evaporated
Game Anarchy Online
Name Judgeth
Level 200
Server Rimor
Class Adventurer
Race human

Guild Knights of Awen- Evaporated
Game Dark Age of Camelot
Name Valeo
Level 50
Race Half Ogre
Class Armsman
Name Kyzef
Level 50
Class Reaver
Race Briton
Server Gaheris

Guild Tusken Legion-Changes soured the game
Game Star Wars Galaxies
Name Tchaz Gravewalker
Level Maxed skills
Class Bounty Hunter
Race Human
Server Ahazi

Guild Argent Knights - Leadership abandoned
Game Everquest 2
Name Druce
Level 90
Class Paladin
Race Barbarian
Server Blackburrow

Guild Gryphon Knights- Evaporated
Guild Platinum Order- High end content too limited.
Game Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
Name Hrokk
Level 55
Class Dread Knight
Race Half Giant
Server Florendyl (original)

5. What type of role do you wish to take within the guild? How do you plan to be active? Please be specific. I am not totally sure what you mean by "roll". I am loyal, active, helpful, respectful, strategic, technically and tactically proficient, team oriented, high speed low drag HUYA! So, err whatever roll that is? Reading and responding to the boards and chat rooms, attending all assigned classes, assisting operations in what ever manner directed, self-motivated contributions, assisting team members in any way I am able.

6. Why do you feel the Army of Light is a good fit for you? From my limited observations so far, the leadership seems to be competent, highly-motivated, organized and committed. In my experience that breeds success, and that is how I operate. I feel there is a vested interest in this guild for RP, raiding, questing, and character development. And those are the kind of friends I'd like to make, raid and adventure with. Help and be helped by.

7. What do you expect of the guild? Please be specific.* It takes a team to be successful at higher level content and raids. You need friends and allies that you know are competent, committed and willing to go the extra mile for the team. A game is supposed to be fun. For me, winning is fun. When the guild takes down a huge epic boss mob and we get to dance on its corpse...now THAT"S fun. Being able to help new players and younger folks get started or complete a quest makes the game and the making guild friends all worth it. Giving back to the game, the players and guildies makes playing worth it. Crafting goodies that guildies need, one of my most satisfying ventures in game. Comrades is what keeps me logging back in everyday. That's what I'm looking for, a team to have fun with.

8. Age: Old enough to be retired...TWICE.

9. Time Zone:Pacific Standard Time

10. Role-Play experience/expectations. Can you give us some examples of Role-Playing you have participated in before. When it comes to expectations, give us an example of what would be fun to participate in, what you are looking for, etc. Thousands of hours of Pen&Paper RPG. Hundreds of hours of MMO RPG RP. All the guilds I have ever been associated with have been at least light to moderate RP on RP preferred servers if available. Star Wars more than any other environment lends itself greatly to RP. And the beautiful thing is, all I have to do is be myself to roleplay a Trooper. I'm game for whatever level of roleplay you wanna throw at me. I like new and innovative ideas concerning RP.

11. How can you benefit and help the guild? Please include any skills or talents you have that you would enjoy doing within the guild. How have you helped your previous guild(s), if you have previous experience? First, as I mentioned, I'm retired. I have all but unlimited time and energy to invest in play time and guild duties. Having time to play can be a hindrance for some well intended folks. Secondly, computer gaming is one of my most heavily invested hobbies. So, I have the hardware to not lag and not link dead in activities and raids and events and grouping. Being a former guild leader myself, I understand how important these 2 aspect can be for a guild and a group. Alot of very well intended members simply aren't afforded these blessings in the quantity they would like to be. I am well aware of and very grateful that I have these luxuries. Additionally, I consider myself perceptive, sensitive and reactive to the needs and requirements of most problem solving situations. Enjoy leading raids, the tactical and technical part of epic raids is one of my experience developed fortes. I enjoy crafting. I'm down for the team, and understand that for a guild to be organized and successful everyone needs to pitch in to what ever level of responsibility they are capable of. Being retired military and law enforcement, I have well developed leadership, organizational and tactical skills. And I'm always willing to help. When you need someone to wait and help you take down a rare spawn that only spawns every 8 hours, I'm that guy.

12. How do you define a quality member? Teamwork. Anyone that puts the needs and safety of the team ahead of their own. Commitment is the only "quality" any of us needs to be successful.

13. How did you find the Army of Light? Did someone recruit you? If so, please let us know who. Well actually, I was looking through the Wookipedia and read the article on The Army of Light there. Then my mental rolladex recalled that there had been a guild posting in the guild hall section of the forums on the SWTOR official site. I thought the description of what the original Army of Light would be perfect guild premise for SWTOR. So I KNEW the folks that had organized AoL HAD to be smart. Hehe. Ok let me wipe this brown off my nose...So I came and looked over the site and liked what I saw and experienced, and wanted to be part of it.

14a. Have you visited our web site and chat room, and familiarized yourself with the, Charter, Mission Statement, and Rules of Conduct? (You must answer in the affirmative and please prove that you have)
At the Army Of Light, we have a specific Activity Policy. Although we want as many people here as is possible, all accounts not associated with allies, members, or applicants will be removed. Prolonged incomplete applicant accounts will also be removed. Any members that are taking an official Leave of Absence (LOA), must report it in the 'Leave of Absence' thread in the AL Forums. While a detailed reason is not necessary, please try to include a time frame for the length of the LOA. Failure to do so, combined with an inactivity grace period of two weeks, will unfortunately result in a loss of account membership and/or possible removal from the guild.

Members are to be of the highest personal character. A deep dedication to continuous learning, integrity, maturity, humility, and loyalty is mandatory for membership. No member may have the right to be in the Army of Light and in another guild of the same game. This shows complete disloyalty and disrespect. The Army of Light wishes to have only the finest gentlemen and ladies who embody respect and a sincere willingness to role play as forthright and upstanding defenders of the Galactic Republic. We believe hard work, contributions to the guild and the greater good, maturity, selflessness, and activity should be rewarded. We strive to eliminate injustices, evil, the Dark Side, and threats to our peace, security, and virtues.

I have read, understand and will comply with these and all policies and or standard operating procedures outlined within the "Chat Policies" section also.

14b. Do you pledge to fulfill them, most notably to uphold the virtues of Maturity, Honor, Respect, Personal Ethics and No Drama? Absolutely.

15. Would you say that you embody the qualities of Respect, Honor, Loyalty, and Maturity? What are your definitions of these four words? Please don’t just answer yes or no, let us know why you think you possess these qualities.
Respect - Treat people as they should be treated. Soldiers must honor all humans, which allows them to see the value of everyone. They are also expected to demonstrate self-respect and take care of themselves.
Honor - Live up to all the values of superior character of Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Integrity, Personal Courage and Absolute Truthfulness. Honor is living every value of superior character everyday, and with every choice made. Being honorable goes beyond simply making good decisions, to being the best you can be at all times. It's a matter of not only knowing all the values of superior quality, but constantly living them.
Loyalty - Bear true faith and allegiance to the Galactic Constitution, the Army of the Republic, your unit and other soldiers. Bearing true faith and allegiance is a matter of believing in and devoting yourself to something or someone. A loyal Soldier is one who supports the leadership and stands up for fellow soldiers.
Duty - Fulfill your obligations. This value goes beyond simply doing the minimum to get a job done. Soldiers are expected to make sure every task assigned to them is done to the highest quality they can provide. You may be asked to put the nation’s welfare and mission accomplishment ahead of the personal safety of you and your soldiers. Soldiers and leaders must have a deep commitment to duty and what is best for the unit and the Army. This will ensure that you make the right decision when it really counts.

16. In more than 30 but less than 100 words, please describe your personal character and the type of person you are (We wish to get a good feel of the type of person that will be becoming a part of our guild family)
Well, as I've previously mentioned, I am retired from the United States Army and the California Dept of Corrections and Rehabilitation. I feel I have a strong moral compass. Significant common sense. I like to have fun, be challenged, stay in good physical condition. I like kittens, puppies and pie....and cake and cookies. Sheesh I didn't have to answer this many questions to get married....game play style I am a numbers cruncher a bit. I like parsers and evaluate weapons and gear both in real world and in games. I love raiding, questing and more leaning to PVE but PVP in RPG is ok but its basically a "who has the best gear" thing. I like FPS PVP better. From the demo vid on the official site though pvp on Alderaan looks good to go, I like that it is mission oriented and not just running around in packs of gank dogs.

17. Tell us a little about your in-game character
-Character Name: Hreth "Warhead" Quayce
-Character Physical/Mental Features: Your typical mini-gun toting commando...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hStbOGmNFgw&feature=related
-Character Biography: Me? I'm not from anywhere. What I was told by the man who claimed to be my father is ...(sigh)...Well, supposedly my mother was the wife of the local sheriff in the county that my "professional" gambler father was shaking down at the time. After I was born, I was left at my father's hotel door with a note from the sheriff that read "Have fun raising your bastard." The sheriff kept his wife, she could cook. After that... it's a parade of kindly cocktail waitresses and soft hearted show girls that saw to it that I was cleaned and fed most of the time. And the constant traveling...Sometimes first class on a top of the line passenger liner. Sometimes in the middle of the night stowed away in the cargo bay of a freighter. Eventually, as what happens to everyone that plays their luck for a living, it runs out. They found my father's body in an alley when we were on Nar Shaddaa. I had made it along in years far enough to know I was prime slaver bait. I gave the corrupt authorities the slip and made it off world. That night sleeping in the electrical conduit shaft as a stow away on a private pleasure cruiser, I made a very significant decision. I wanted something better than what I had thus far. A memory flashed: We had been in one of those seedy towns that grow up around a military base. Pops said it was a good place to win all that money those Republic grunts had made that month in an honest game of poker. I was outside the cantina playing "star fighter" with a broken 1 winged toy I had found. As I was single handedly shooting down an enemy squadron over the alley dumpster, I had lost my footing and crashed into the container. I struggled to get back on my feet in the deep and loose trash. Suddenly, like the claw of a rancor I was snatched up and lifted out of the goo. Holding me up by the scruff like a week old puppy was a huge Republic soldier dressed in his BDUs, and a beaming smile. "That's why it's best to be a ground pounder little man. When those fly boy zoomies go up...they have to come down...one way or another. Then you're just a dirt dart." He laughed, put me down, and gave me a good looking over. "Whew, whoever is in charge of you should be in the brig for dereliction." He boomed laughing. He reached in his pocket and gave me some money. "Go get a good meal kid, you get any scrawnier and you'll blow away with the breeze." Still smiling he patted me on the head, and continued down the street. I had never been patted on the head before, not with approval anyways. And I had never seen that much money. I think it was the first money I ever had in my life. As he moved down the street, large and strong and confident with nothing to fear or run from or hide from, I knew...THAT is what I wanted. Coming back to the present then, I made my way to Republic Military Outpost on Argul. It was an open post, so I made a living shining boots, starch pressing uniforms, armor maintenance and learning everything I could. I borrowed field and training manuals. Absorbed all the jargon, learned all the acronyms. In exchange for helping clean up the weight room they let me work out. The moment I was old enough, I enlisted and was shipped out for training. By week two, my drill sergeants had nicked me 'Warhead" for my "subtle" method of tactical problem solving and my seemingly vast knowledge of military protocol. Week 4 of Advanced Individual Training I was identified for "special training assignment"
Back to top Go down
Jaina Sorak

Jaina Sorak

PostSubject: Re: Application- "Warhead" Quayce (Accepted)   Application- "Warhead" Quayce (Accepted) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:51 am

Thank you for your interest in the Army of Light. The Recruitment Council will review your application and get back to you within 48 hours.
Back to top Go down
Jaina Sorak

Jaina Sorak

PostSubject: Re: Application- "Warhead" Quayce (Accepted)   Application- "Warhead" Quayce (Accepted) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:20 pm

Greetings,

Thank you for taking interest in the Army of Light, and waiting patiently for results. I would like to congratulate you for becoming a trial member of the Army of Light. Trial Membership is a minimum of one week. Welcome to the guild!

[] Obtain an avatar

[] Post at least 15 forum posts of substance
[] Place [AL]Initiate (Jedi), [AL]Recruit (Trooper), or [AL]Mate (Smuggler) depending on your class.
[] Interview with the Supreme Master or Grand Master
[] Visit the Embassy chat:
Click here

~Supreme Master Jaina Sorak
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application- "Warhead" Quayce (Accepted)   Application- "Warhead" Quayce (Accepted) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application- "Warhead" Quayce (Accepted)
Page 1 of 1