The Army Of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is our guild forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)

Go down 
+8
Zan Rydo
Vyynn Randos
Amarantine
Traxex Wraw
adymus Lighting
xXxJadenxXx
yvean
TyraelVae
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 1:45 pm

More threads, imo.
Back to top Go down

Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 1:11 am

They are different mentalities,but they cannot exist without the other.The sith managed to survive despite the jedi orders attempts to eradicate them over the centuries.Its like darth krayt said:"dont look so amazed.the sith were always born and re-born within the ranks of the jedi"(there will always be a jedi who will want more). Same thing goes for the jedi.They were almost purged from the galaxy several times yet they still managed.A galaxy filled only with light,or darkness(from a force standpoint),would be a utopia and thats impossible.Its the neverending conflict between good and evil,and one cant conquer the other completely.They are basic concepts of life.So,if neither can achieve full victory,then its a tie.
Back to top Go down
Arelius Vagen

Arelius Vagen

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 9:44 pm

Hmmm...tough one, But im going to try and be unbiased and step outside the box to look at this so if it sounds insulting to any of you blame to flock of flying turtles, And also this might even classify as a thesis paper but hey who cares.

Light Side-

Disadvantages: Definatly their over-confidence. They think they are so much better than the sith because they dont use their emotions, they believe emotion causes you to fall down the dark path which is completly dumb, people go down the dark path by their choices in life and their views on certain things. The jedi council tries to make the whole jedi order one unique soceity all bent on the same goals and values which in turn causes people to shun them because emotions should be acted upon not cast aside to follow a view.

Advantages: Lineage and Friendship. The strength of the whole jedi order rests on one thing and that is their history. Without all of their past knowledge then the jedi would not be as wise as they seem. The knowledge passed down from them from the jedi who came previously give them the lessons they need to learn and the mysteries that so many others have uncovered for the simple purpose of sharing it with the whole order. Lastly their friends give them strength when they are down,beaten and battered no matter how many times if a jedi has a friend nearby that friend can empower him to keep fighting either through words or the force.

Dark Side-

Disadvantages: Self lust. The sith and all who practice the dark side all tend to think that all else in the galaxy should bow before their feet, that and their greed cause them to end up in very unfortunate situations which could be bypassed if they didnt think they were a god. They over use their powers sometimes which exhausts them by the end of the fight unless of course they are smart and empower and enfuel themselves with the dark side which enables even the most lowly of sith to bash down a skilled jedi knight.

Advantages: PURE BRUTE FORCE. The Sith and Dark Jedi all draw their strength from a massive V8 Mag Engine otherwise known as the Dark Side. They use this strength to completly wipe out their enemies who come face to face with them. Powers such as force lightning, choke, rage, repulse and life drain all allow them to completly wipe out any unsuspecting jedi or republic trooper who may lie in wait. Along with all these is their tact. The jedi do not give the Sith as much credit as they deserve when it comes to brainpower for example: Vrook Lamar, Zez Kai El, Kavar, Lona Vash, Atris all thought that Kreia also known as Darth Traya Lady Of Betrayal, was the cause of revans fall and they called her weak and un deserving, when really she was the brains of the galaxy she trained revan, outsmarted sion and nhilus, found the exile, trained the exile, helped the exile eliminate the sith as a whole and in the end taught the exile her final lesson: Betrayal.

Ending Statement: Well finally the end of the writing.....In conclusion i think that overall The Sith are the stronger of the two, They dont allow teachings to pacify themselves from achieving their goals. In the end using your emotions to help you achieve your goals is alot better than allowing yourself to be burdened by teachings of wisdom.

By all means im still light side because i dont think you should treat people horribly all the time
Back to top Go down
Traxex Wraw

Traxex Wraw

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 10:06 pm

Arelius Vagen wrote:
Hmmm...tough one, But im going to try and be unbiased and step outside the box to look at this so if it sounds insulting to any of you blame to flock of flying turtles, And also this might even classify as a thesis paper but hey who cares.

Light Side-

Disadvantages: Definatly their over-confidence. They think they are so much better than the sith because they dont use their emotions, they believe emotion causes you to fall down the dark path which is completly dumb, people go down the dark path by their choices in life and their views on certain things. The jedi council tries to make the whole jedi order one unique soceity all bent on the same goals and values which in turn causes people to shun them because emotions should be acted upon not cast aside to follow a view.

Advantages: Lineage and Friendship. The strength of the whole jedi order rests on one thing and that is their history. Without all of their past knowledge then the jedi would not be as wise as they seem. The knowledge passed down from them from the jedi who came previously give them the lessons they need to learn and the mysteries that so many others have uncovered for the simple purpose of sharing it with the whole order. Lastly their friends give them strength when they are down,beaten and battered no matter how many times if a jedi has a friend nearby that friend can empower him to keep fighting either through words or the force.

Dark Side-

Disadvantages: Self lust. The sith and all who practice the dark side all tend to think that all else in the galaxy should bow before their feet, that and their greed cause them to end up in very unfortunate situations which could be bypassed if they didnt think they were a god. They over use their powers sometimes which exhausts them by the end of the fight unless of course they are smart and empower and enfuel themselves with the dark side which enables even the most lowly of sith to bash down a skilled jedi knight.

Advantages: PURE BRUTE FORCE. The Sith and Dark Jedi all draw their strength from a massive V8 Mag Engine otherwise known as the Dark Side. They use this strength to completly wipe out their enemies who come face to face with them. Powers such as force lightning, choke, rage, repulse and life drain all allow them to completly wipe out any unsuspecting jedi or republic trooper who may lie in wait. Along with all these is their tact. The jedi do not give the Sith as much credit as they deserve when it comes to brainpower for example: Vrook Lamar, Zez Kai El, Kavar, Lona Vash, Atris all thought that Kreia also known as Darth Traya Lady Of Betrayal, was the cause of revans fall and they called her weak and un deserving, when really she was the brains of the galaxy she trained revan, outsmarted sion and nhilus, found the exile, trained the exile, helped the exile eliminate the sith as a whole and in the end taught the exile her final lesson: Betrayal.

Ending Statement: Well finally the end of the writing.....In conclusion i think that overall The Sith are the stronger of the two, They dont allow teachings to pacify themselves from achieving their goals. In the end using your emotions to help you achieve your goals is alot better than allowing yourself to be burdened by teachings of wisdom.

By all means im still light side because i dont think you should treat people horribly all the time

100% percent agree. Imo, you are completely correct
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 12:47 am

I wasn't going to reply to this thread, but what the heck, here's my counter-arguments to Master Vagen:

Quote :
Light Side-

I disagree here. The Jedi rightly should be confident in themselves. It didn't really get to be a problem until the Prequel Time Era, when hundreds of years had passed with no significant threat to test the Jedi and to show them up. I'd say the Light Side's greatest weakness is their rigidity. The inability to accept a seperate course of action or thought.

Brainwashed since birth, Jedi are trained in a specific, disciplined set of morals, actions and beliefs, and it's very difficult to penetrate that fog. It's how the Sith managed to triumph over the Jedi eventually during the Clone Wars Era: the Sith had spent a thousand years evolving their order, while the Jedi had stagnated.

Quote :

Another mild disagreement. I'd say a Jedi's main source of strength is the power of their conviction, and the tenets of the Jedi Code itself: 'there is no emotion, there is peace'. The very thing that proves to hinder Jedi also emboldens them: they believe in their mission so much, they are willing to give everything up to their lives to accomplish it. They also maintain their focus and their cool in all situations, allowing them to use logic and mercy to achieve the overall best goal.

Quote :
Dark Side-

Your last line confuses me a bit, to be honest. If raw power overcomes skill, then explain the final duel in Episode 2? Anakin is the Chosen One, and he got taken to school by Dooku. Twice.

The Sith's fatal flaw is their code itself: it accepts nothing less than absolute perfection of self, and absolute control of your place in the galaxy. This makes it impossible for them to work alongside each other. The Jedi have turned the Sith against each with their own beliefs often enough to know the truth of this.

Quote :

Mace Windu, Raskta Lsu, and Yoda. Need I go on? While one might argue the Sith are 'powerful' because of the dark side's unnatural manifestations in reality, and it's direct application torwards death, would you really consider the ability to kill better 'power'?

A Jedi, and the Light Side, is better suited towards strengthening oneself, helping your allies, and stopping the conflict before it can even begin. The Sith DO use the dark side to empower themselves, but the Jedi can match that, and even beat it on occasion. And as Mara Jade puts it, the light side is 'a fuel that won't burn the engine out, either'. It's common for Jedi to live longer than normal life spans for their respective species, wheras Bane was starting to decay at age 40.

The Sith's greatest strength is their constant drive to become, simply, better. They are NEVER content to sit back and relax. They are constantly training, pushing, striving, struggling to strengthen body, mind, and soul. The weaker Sith fall prey to the easier path the Dark Side offers, but like I've said before in my War class, the most powerful Sith, ironically, share many of the same traits the most powerful Jedi do, just twisted.

While I have my complaints with the both Orders, overall, I think the Light Side is 'stronger'.
Back to top Go down
Traxex Wraw

Traxex Wraw

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 8:40 am

As i love to debate, i still say the dark side is stronger. sure, you start dying at an early age, but they learned so much more. The TRUE sith could destroy the galaxy

then again, you do make very good points, Vyynn
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 11:41 am

Traxex Wraw wrote:
As i love to debate, i still say the dark side is stronger. sure, you start dying at an early age, but they learned so much more. The TRUE sith could destroy the galaxy

then again, you do make very good points, Vyynn

The true Sith DID destroy the galaxy, and then got redefeated by Luke and Vader.

And they learned so much more? How?
Back to top Go down
Traxex Wraw

Traxex Wraw

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 4:19 pm

They've learned much more knowledge before the jedi did.

It is still my opinion Vyynn, and i tire of debating Sleep
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 4:45 pm

Traxex Wraw wrote:

I never said that you weren't entitled to your opinion, Trax. This IS a debate thread, after all, so if you don't want people to make counter-points or ask questions, then don't make the comments in the first place.

Just because I argue with you doesn't mean I'm trying to make it personal, or say you CAN'T say whatever you are saying.
Back to top Go down
Traxex Wraw

Traxex Wraw

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 6:12 pm

Vyynn Randos wrote:
Traxex Wraw wrote:

I never said that you weren't entitled to your opinion, Trax. This IS a debate thread, after all, so if you don't want people to make counter-points or ask questions, then don't make the comments in the first place.

Just because I argue with you doesn't mean I'm trying to make it personal, or say you CAN'T say whatever you are saying.

sorry, i worded my response wrong. I think sith are better for my reasons, but honestly i have no more to debate with Shocked
Back to top Go down
Norris bly

Norris bly

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 8:20 pm

Yes I belive the Dark side is stronger but to Feel the light side, To bear against the strength of the Dark side is also very well too. Without light there isn't dark and without dark there isn't light.
Back to top Go down
Arelius Vagen

Arelius Vagen

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 4:06 pm

Lol vynn you make some very good arguements but considering this is a debate im just going to have to argue against you so here we go:

Your first disagreement against me was the fact of over-confidence of the jedi. You said "The Jedi rightly should be confident in themselves. It didn't really get to be a problem until the Prequel Time Era, when hundreds of years had passed with no significant threat to test the Jedi and to show them up". ,,, And that was exactly my point the jedi got so full of themselves that eventually they thought they were incapable of being beat by another sith armada,and jedi of the past age would have notcied the corruption in the senate where as the jedi of the prequel era were so lost in their own world that they couldnt tell Palpatine was rotting the republic from the inside out.

Your next disagreement came when you said this: "I'd say a Jedi's main source of strength is the power of their conviction, and the tenets of the Jedi Code itself: 'there is no emotion, there is peace'. The very thing that proves to hinder Jedi also emboldens them: they believe in their mission so much, they are willing to give everything up to their lives to accomplish it",,, I disagree with you here you say the very thing that hinders the jedi also empowers them which is obviously false. Giving your life for a goal while very heroic is also a waste if you die for the wrong reason which is what the jedi code is it's a placebo that the jedi place hope in to guide them and after awhile eventually one realizes that the code he or she lived by for so long has faults in it and thats when the trust between jedi and council shatters, thats when the jedi starts to have a mind of his or her own and begins to think well what if? while i admire your attempt at stating that which was a very good way to question me its false a placebo of sorts.

The next disagreement occured here: "Your last line confuses me a bit, to be honest. If raw power overcomes skill, then explain the final duel in Episode 2? Anakin is the Chosen One, and he got taken to school by Dooku. Twice.The Sith's fatal flaw is their code itself: it accepts nothing less than absolute perfection of self, and absolute control of your place in the galaxy. This makes it impossible for them to work alongside each other. The Jedi have turned the Sith against each with their own beliefs often enough to know the truth of this",,,,,,, First off for your reference to dooku and anakin in episode two if you read my last post again carefully i stated that: THE SITH OVERUSE THEIR POWERS OF COURSE UNLESS THEY EMPOWER THEMSELVES WITH THE DARK SIDE, this is what im reffering to which beats your statement of the skill vs power, anakin was a jedi with power not a sith or dark jedi empowering himself with the dark side therefore he lost to dooku. Now while i do agree the perfection the sith try to achieve is a downfall it is also their source of strength. If you strive, fight, push, and try to achieve perfection then that makes you as strong as any other to come before you, by learning all they can from their masters and then killing them and after that searching and craving for more knowledge then that sith becomes more powerful then the next and so on so forth till eventually they get to a point like vader and palpatine which were probably the two most powerfull sith to ever have lived and vader would have become even more powerful if not for his own self pride.

Our last disagreement would come here: " Mace Windu, Raskta Lsu, and Yoda. Need I go on? While one might argue the Sith are 'powerful' because of the dark side's unnatural manifestations in reality, and it's direct application torwards death, would you really consider the ability to kill better 'power'?",,,,,, First off Mace Windu, Yoda and Raskta all have one thing in common: they were outmatched and outsmarted by a sith, Windu: a true swordsman undone by a man he thought he could finally trust he himself didnt even care in his rage about the jedi code he just wanted to kill a sith and because of that Anaking turned against him and slashed his arm off allowing Palpatine's massive force lightning to engulf him, Yoda: Undone by Palpatine himself though Yoda is skilled with both blade and force applications the dementid sith lord battered away at yoda causing him to fall to the bottom of the senate building and realize his defeat, Raskta Lsu: Perhaps the greatest swordswomen in jedi history she strived to achieve success to outmatch the one she was named after but unfortunatly was impaled from behind by a sinister but amazing sith named zannah. Lastly if your talking of power in it's true from such as: the power to manipulate, the power to beat an opponent relentlessly, the power of knowledge then yes the sith are stronger

Back to top Go down
Traxex Wraw

Traxex Wraw

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 4:36 pm

Arelius Vagen wrote:
Lol vynn you make some very good arguements but considering this is a debate im just going to have to argue against you so here we go:

Your first disagreement against me was the fact of over-confidence of the jedi. You said "The Jedi rightly should be confident in themselves. It didn't really get to be a problem until the Prequel Time Era, when hundreds of years had passed with no significant threat to test the Jedi and to show them up". ,,, And that was exactly my point the jedi got so full of themselves that eventually they thought they were incapable of being beat by another sith armada,and jedi of the past age would have notcied the corruption in the senate where as the jedi of the prequel era were so lost in their own world that they couldnt tell Palpatine was rotting the republic from the inside out.

Your next disagreement came when you said this: "I'd say a Jedi's main source of strength is the power of their conviction, and the tenets of the Jedi Code itself: 'there is no emotion, there is peace'. The very thing that proves to hinder Jedi also emboldens them: they believe in their mission so much, they are willing to give everything up to their lives to accomplish it",,, I disagree with you here you say the very thing that hinders the jedi also empowers them which is obviously false. Giving your life for a goal while very heroic is also a waste if you die for the wrong reason which is what the jedi code is it's a placebo that the jedi place hope in to guide them and after awhile eventually one realizes that the code he or she lived by for so long has faults in it and thats when the trust between jedi and council shatters, thats when the jedi starts to have a mind of his or her own and begins to think well what if? while i admire your attempt at stating that which was a very good way to question me its false a placebo of sorts.

The next disagreement occured here: "Your last line confuses me a bit, to be honest. If raw power overcomes skill, then explain the final duel in Episode 2? Anakin is the Chosen One, and he got taken to school by Dooku. Twice.The Sith's fatal flaw is their code itself: it accepts nothing less than absolute perfection of self, and absolute control of your place in the galaxy. This makes it impossible for them to work alongside each other. The Jedi have turned the Sith against each with their own beliefs often enough to know the truth of this",,,,,,, First off for your reference to dooku and anakin in episode two if you read my last post again carefully i stated that: THE SITH OVERUSE THEIR POWERS OF COURSE UNLESS THEY EMPOWER THEMSELVES WITH THE DARK SIDE, this is what im reffering to which beats your statement of the skill vs power, anakin was a jedi with power not a sith or dark jedi empowering himself with the dark side therefore he lost to dooku. Now while i do agree the perfection the sith try to achieve is a downfall it is also their source of strength. If you strive, fight, push, and try to achieve perfection then that makes you as strong as any other to come before you, by learning all they can from their masters and then killing them and after that searching and craving for more knowledge then that sith becomes more powerful then the next and so on so forth till eventually they get to a point like vader and palpatine which were probably the two most powerfull sith to ever have lived and vader would have become even more powerful if not for his own self pride.

Our last disagreement would come here: " Mace Windu, Raskta Lsu, and Yoda. Need I go on? While one might argue the Sith are 'powerful' because of the dark side's unnatural manifestations in reality, and it's direct application torwards death, would you really consider the ability to kill better 'power'?",,,,,, First off Mace Windu, Yoda and Raskta all have one thing in common: they were outmatched and outsmarted by a sith, Windu: a true swordsman undone by a man he thought he could finally trust he himself didnt even care in his rage about the jedi code he just wanted to kill a sith and because of that Anaking turned against him and slashed his arm off allowing Palpatine's massive force lightning to engulf him, Yoda: Undone by Palpatine himself though Yoda is skilled with both blade and force applications the dementid sith lord battered away at yoda causing him to fall to the bottom of the senate building and realize his defeat, Raskta Lsu: Perhaps the greatest swordswomen in jedi history she strived to achieve success to outmatch the one she was named after but unfortunatly was impaled from behind by a sinister but amazing sith named zannah. Lastly if your talking of power in it's true from such as: the power to manipulate, the power to beat an opponent relentlessly, the power of knowledge then yes the sith are stronger

WHAT HE SAID!!
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 4:39 pm

Quote :

YOU missed the point. We're talking about OVERALL, whether the Light or Dark side is stronger. I was saying that within that small frame of time (1000 years), the Jedi grew arrogant and it became a problem. But that's small compared to the 19,000 years the Jedi already had under their belts. That's a fault with that generation of Jedi, not the Jedi Order as a whole or the Light side of the Force.

Quote :

This reasoning disturbs me. The Jedi Code is a placebo? It ultimately results in shattered trust between the leaders of the Order and the Jedi? Jedi don't have minds of their own and only start to think when they stop following the Code/Council?

You can't argue either way over this, honestly. We have a thousand examples of Jedi who have lived, fought, and died for the Code, and for the galaxy. They stand to gain nothing: not money, or power, nor any sort of reward. Their only reward is satisfaction of fulfilling their idea of morality, and knowing that the galaxy will be safer and better for what they do.

The Code is worked into every aspect of their lives. I doubt I will ever see how that is not their main source of strength. And if you disagree with these tenets so strongly why are you here?

Quote :

Anakin WAS Sith during that duel. He wasn't holding back, he was allowing his emotions to fuel what he did. And if you need another example, the Battle on Mustafar. Obi-Wan struck Anakin down, no two ways about it. AND Obi-Wan stuck by the Code the entire time. The fury and total skill of the Chosen One wasn't enough to kill the being he hated more than anything in the galaxy, and if that isn't a good enough example of the pure, steady skill of the Light versus the vengeful, furious power of the Dark, I don't know what is.

Obviously Bane's Rule of Two ensures each successive Sith Lord is at least as powerful asnext, but that proves nothing about whether the Dark Side is fundamentally more powerful than the Light.

And you do realize that your statement, 'The Sith overuse their powers unless they empower themselves with the Dark Side' is a total contradiction, right?

Quote :

Anakin didn't attack Windu because WIndu was 'just wanting to kill a Sith': he did it because he thought he needed Palpatine to save Padme. You obviously don't understand Windu's character, either: he wasn't giving into the Dark Side. He knew that letting Palpatine live was as good as dooming the Republic and the Jedi, so he made the hard choice to end it there. That's not a lack of mercy, that's reality. Despite an arguable violation of the Jedi Code, there's no way to argue that Palpatine living was a good, or even tolerable, option, because it actually HAPPENED, and it wasn't.

For Raskta Lsu, you didn't make a counter-point, you just recited history. Lsu had been dueling Bane to a standstill, despite his power and his armor, and probably would've won had it not been for Zannah's timely interference.

Yoda was the victim of simply being small enough that the power of the blast threw him a bit further than it did Palpatine.

These being examples of insanely capable swordsman and Force users who were more than a match for any Sith. They were not 'outmatched' or 'outsmarted'. In my opinion, they each fell prey to cheap, blind sided twists of fate that doesn't prove ANYONE'S strength either way.

And that's how you see power? To manipulate, to beat an opponent senseless? You seriously ARE disturbing me.

Back to top Go down
Traxex Wraw

Traxex Wraw

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 6:13 pm

Vyynn calm down lol its not like hes a sith in disguise
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 8:34 pm

Traxex Wraw wrote:

That's not me being angry. A pet peeve of mine is when people tell me to 'calm down' when I'm not upset. Seriously, don't do it. Don't misinterpret debate for anger.
Back to top Go down
Sifo Dyas

Sifo Dyas

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 11:14 pm

Come on guys it's just a debate no need to prove people wrong. people have there own opinions. We must respect it.
Back to top Go down
Traxex Wraw

Traxex Wraw

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 6:07 pm

Vyynn Randos wrote:
Traxex Wraw wrote:

That's not me being angry. A pet peeve of mine is when people tell me to 'calm down' when I'm not upset. Seriously, don't do it. Don't misinterpret debate for anger.

Im sorry Vyynn, i just thought you werent joking. My apologies
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 9:44 pm

Traxex Wraw wrote:
Vyynn Randos wrote:
Traxex Wraw wrote:

Im sorry Vyynn, i just thought you werent joking. My apologies

No biggie. Apology accepted. Smile
Back to top Go down
Traxex Wraw

Traxex Wraw

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 10:39 pm

Thanks and btw, Happy Birthday
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 1:10 pm

Thanks Trax! It was awesome. I'll be posting pictures of my trip as soon as I get back.

Sifo Dyas wrote:
Come on guys it's just a debate no need to prove people wrong. people have there own opinions. We must respect it.

de·bate (d-bt)
v. de·bat·ed, de·bat·ing, de·bates
v.intr.
-To engage in argument by discussing opposing points.
-To engage in a formal discussion or argument

So, yeah. To debate is to try and prove that YOU are right and the other person is wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sifo Dyas

Sifo Dyas

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 2:02 pm

Vyynn Randos wrote:
Thanks Trax! It was awesome. I'll be posting pictures of my trip as soon as I get back.

Sifo Dyas wrote:

de·bate (d-bt)
v. de·bat·ed, de·bat·ing, de·bates
v.intr.
-To engage in argument by discussing opposing points.
-To engage in a formal discussion or argument

So, yeah. To debate is to try and prove that YOU are right and the other person is wrong.

It's going to escalate into more than an argument.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)   Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wich is stronger the Lightside or the Darkside?(i want to hear arguments brought to sustain your point of view)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2