The Army Of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is our guild forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Potential Races for TOR

Go down 
+17
Korgo Sal
Turor Eutobi
Malentar Cypress
Ocerus Skyborn
Valen Corax
Endo Krimsan
Anyaka_Pall
lexodus
Zan Rydo
Baileyus
Teyfear
Norris bly
Mace Wendu
Stonewall
RioBanchee
Traxex Wraw
Vyynn Randos
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

Potential Races for TOR Empty
PostSubject: Potential Races for TOR   Potential Races for TOR Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 6:04 pm

(Please refrain from discussing any of the SWG races, as we have no idea what Bioware is going to do about them. I will list them below.)
SWG RACES
Wookiee
Trandoshan
Mon Calamarian
Sullestan
Bith
Zabrak
Ithorian
Bothan

CONFIRMED
Human
Rattataki
Chiss
Twi'lek
Sith
Miraluka
Mirialan
Zabrak

Bioware said that they wanted to keep the races humanoid, as 'it's hard to make love scene with blobs', possibly referring to the difficulty in creating a possible love scene between a companion and an exotic alien.

POTENTIALS
Togruta: Very likely, as Togrutans have enjoyed an extensive Expanded Universe (EU) appearance through the likes of Shaak Ti and Ahsoka Tano, and fit the definition for humanoid.
Kel_dor: Another race that has enjoyed extensive EU attention. However, might not be humanoid enough for Bioware.
Gotal: Probably not well-known enough, having not had a significant presence in either movies or novels.
Noghri: Members of the species were enslaved by Rakatans, and are a major race in the EU novels.
Faleen: Prince Xizor, anyone?
Anzati: Not probable, but it's a race of vampire zombies. Super-awesome.
Duros: Probable. Duros are another huge EU species, having been included as Jedi, pilots, and more throughout the novels, including a major story arc during the NJO novels.
Barabel: Might be too alien, but are also another species that have held considerable attention.
Weequay: A largely neglected species until recent times, they would be an excellent choice for Bounty Hunters/Smugglers.
Toydarian: Almost guranteed to be left out. Almost definately too alien, and how expensive would it be to alter all the armor to fit their odd bodies?
Cathar: Almost guranteed, considering Juhani and the art Bioware has already released that depicts Cathar.
Nautolan: Another large EU species, thanks to Kit Fisto, and could be considered humanoid enough.
Kiffar: Featured dominantly in the 'Fatal Alliance: TOR' novel, in addition to EU character Quinlan Vos, they might be TOO human looking to be included as a playable race.
Iktotchi: Not incredibly well known, but had a minor presence in the form of Saesee Tinn and Darth Cognus. Bioware might decide to expand on it.
Devaronian: The species of the Devil Man from the Cantina Scene, they are most definately humanoid, and have a reputation as a sneaky species. Smuggler/Imperial Agent fodder IMO.
Cerean: Ki-Adi Mundi. Beyond that, not very well known.
Chagrian: IMO, too close to Twi'leks and Togrutans.
Nikto: Same argument as the Weequay.

Discuss.

Last edited by Vyynn Randos on Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Traxex Wraw

Traxex Wraw

PostSubject: Re: Potential Races for TOR   Potential Races for TOR Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 8:29 pm

Vyynn, Cathar IS confirmed...just saying Potential Races for TOR Lol
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

PostSubject: Re: Potential Races for TOR   Potential Races for TOR Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 8:44 pm

We just double-checked in chat: Cathar has NOT been confirmed as of July 30th. Artwork of an in-game model for a Cathar was released, but confirmation of wether it is an actual playable race has yet to be confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Traxex Wraw

Traxex Wraw

PostSubject: Re: Potential Races for TOR   Potential Races for TOR Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 8:47 pm

Well, its more than likely if they show a species its likely playable.
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

PostSubject: Re: Potential Races for TOR   Potential Races for TOR Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 11:09 pm

Trax, that's why I said it was LIKELY that they were playable. It's not CONFIRMED, though.

Back to top Go down
RioBanchee

RioBanchee

PostSubject: Re: Potential Races for TOR   Potential Races for TOR Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 11:32 am

Kel Dor MUST be added....no excusses BioWare!!! Potential Races for TOR Kopfschuettel In August, BioWare is releasing new info on game. hope they have this info. However, in some screen shots that I have run across, Kel Dor have be shown, I believe they were Smugglers thou.....
Back to top Go down
Traxex Wraw

Traxex Wraw

PostSubject: Re: Potential Races for TOR   Potential Races for TOR Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 2:19 pm

I would say Kel Dor will be a definant yes. They already showed gameplay with one
Back to top Go down
Stonewall

Stonewall

PostSubject: Re: Potential Races for TOR   Potential Races for TOR Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:52 am

I didn't see any Rodian in there.
Back to top Go down
Mace Wendu

Mace Wendu

PostSubject: Wow   Potential Races for TOR Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:06 pm

I am more and more excited. I cant wait to see what else Bio is going to put in.
Back to top Go down
Norris bly

Norris bly

PostSubject: Re: Potential Races for TOR   Potential Races for TOR Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:32 pm

Well I hope there is like a class with race restriction. I don't want to see many ppl playing as wookies and begin jedis...that doesn't seem right....
Back to top Go down
Teyfear

Teyfear

PostSubject: Re: Potential Races for TOR   Potential Races for TOR Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:19 pm

actually there have been some famous wookie Jedis in SW. There was one that trained with Han and Leia's kids at Luke's academy.
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

PostSubject: Re: Potential Races for TOR   Potential Races for TOR Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:02 am

Wookiee Jedi are pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
Norris bly

Norris bly

PostSubject: Re: Potential Races for TOR   Potential Races for TOR Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:13 am

I know they are Very Happy but i just don't want them to get overcrowded.
Back to top Go down
Teyfear

Teyfear

PostSubject: Re: Potential Races for TOR   Potential Races for TOR Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:17 am

I'm definitely hoping for some serious diversity though. It's not like there is a lack of races to put in the game. I remember playing the old Star Wars table top RPG...the races guide was hundreds of pages with hundreds of races. A lot of them wouldn't be very good for an MMO(I don't think Hutt should be a playable character, lol) but there were a lot of them that were!
Back to top Go down
Baileyus

Baileyus

PostSubject: Re: Potential Races for TOR   Potential Races for TOR Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:24 am

Wouldnt matter to me lol.Im always human anyways.
Back to top Go down
Zan Rydo

Zan Rydo

PostSubject: Re: Potential Races for TOR   Potential Races for TOR Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 6:23 pm

I will be so upset if Nautolans are not in this game AT LAUNCH!!!! I died a little inside when SWG didnt provide them for me, the rest of me was killed after playing the game lol.... But no seriously, I think Bioware will allow multiple races to keep things interesting, but im praying for Nautolans Potential Races for TOR Icon_biggrin.
Back to top Go down
lexodus

lexodus

PostSubject: Re: Potential Races for TOR   Potential Races for TOR Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 6:04 pm

I really hope the nautolans are in there! and I'm sure kel dor will definitely be in lol
Back to top Go down
lexodus

lexodus

PostSubject: Re: Potential Races for TOR   Potential Races for TOR Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 6:09 pm

yeah my avatar doesn't show it, but kit fisto is definitely one of my favorite sw characters
Back to top Go down
Traxex Wraw

Traxex Wraw

PostSubject: Re: Potential Races for TOR   Potential Races for TOR Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:29 am

YES THEIR BETTER BE NAUTOLANS IN THE GAME AT LAUNCH!!! OR I WILL MURDER BIOWARE Potential Races for TOR Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
Teyfear

Teyfear

PostSubject: Re: Potential Races for TOR   Potential Races for TOR Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 2:21 pm

I don't know how often everyone visits the official SWTOR page...but they just released a couple of races! And they're good!! Everyone should go check it out!!

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20100806
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potential Races for TOR   Potential Races for TOR Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 9:33 am

I just hope that they diversify the field a bit more as in i want to interact with as much races as possible,but im sure they'll keep that humanoid guidline.Nonetheless,i know the races that they choose to put in the game are gonna be cool no matter what.
Back to top Go down
Anyaka_Pall

Anyaka_Pall

PostSubject: Re: Potential Races for TOR   Potential Races for TOR Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 7:12 pm

Why aren't there any Arkanians on the list?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potential Races for TOR   Potential Races for TOR Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 3:46 am

Dont worry Anyaka, they will probably make exspansions Jedi
Back to top Go down
Anyaka_Pall

Anyaka_Pall

PostSubject: Re: Potential Races for TOR   Potential Races for TOR Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:25 pm

Good to know Smile
Back to top Go down
Endo Krimsan

Endo Krimsan

PostSubject: naurolans!   Potential Races for TOR Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 2:15 am

Nautoalns Mofo! or else boring old human.... either way heals o' doom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potential Races for TOR   Potential Races for TOR Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Potential Races for TOR
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next