The Army Of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is our guild forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Rules DO NOT CHANGE

Go down 
+2
Master Jephos Mispir
Caliber Mispir
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Caliber Mispir
GFX Designer
GFX Designer
Caliber Mispir

The Rules DO NOT CHANGE Empty
PostSubject: The Rules DO NOT CHANGE   The Rules DO NOT CHANGE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 5:02 pm

Recently in chat, there have been a few of you who do not specifically like the rules, and decide to call owners out saying that they are "wrong"
First of all, we are the owners and we moderate the guild, chat, and forums. Under NO circumstances, are members to say in main chat- "It's fine, geez calm down [HC/Owner name here]."

[Owner gives someone warning] Warned Member: "No it's OK, we're not doing anything wrong."

Member who was warned 3 times already: "You should really calm down about the rules. We're not doing anything wrong."

Member who was warned several times: "Stop warning me, I'm fine."

Member who was warned several times: "It's OK, we can have a little freedom."

These are UNACCEPTABLE to be said in public chat. If need be, and you have a problem with how an owner warns, you PC THEM, you do NOT back-talk them in main. Currently this has been a problem with a few members and it stops NOW. We are the owners, and if we tell you to stop doing something, you say you're sorry, fix it, and move on. If you don't like it, talk to the Grand Master about the rules. These are the GUILD rules, they do NOT change depending on who causes the issue. The owners tell the members what the rules are, NOT the other way around (Unless an owner has actually done something contradictory to the rules). If I hear more complaints like this, it's an automatic ban. I'm not going easy anymore.

Back to top Go down
http://www.thearmyoflightswtor.com
Master Jephos Mispir

Master Jephos Mispir

PostSubject: Rules Stay   The Rules DO NOT CHANGE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:12 pm

I ABSOLUTELY agree with this. The rules are in place for a reason and each has been created due to a specific response or request over time -- that means that each rule was crafted to suit a need to make the guild and the chat better.

If you should disagree with how something is handled, please PC or e-mail me. Provide screens if necessary. Further, all Moderators and Owners need to be both enforcing and following the Rules equally. They apply to everyone and do not change simply because of who you are or who is involved. But as Master Caliber said, there is to be no stomping around, rude behavior, or throwing fits. That behavior further goes against the principles of Respect and Maturity (and others) and is more suited to other guilds (namely, Sith), not this one. Sorry, Luke, but you do not get to go to Toshi Station for power converters so you can goof off with your friends.

To put it simply and I have no desire to be harsh about this, but these ARE the guild rules - if they are not agreeable to you or you have no desire to follow them, then the Army of Light is not for you. We try very hard to accommodate many different age levels and personality styles here. Many guild mates just don't want to see people endlessly pretending to kill one another in chat, talking about nonsense 24/7, spam, endless discussions about pie and cake, etc. We have several chat rooms for your use and convenience - if you wish to horseplay, duel, etc., please, take advantage of them. But when these types of behaviors are on public display in the Embassy, it loses us our more mature, serious players, potential recruits, and credibility in the SW:TOR community.

We are always open to new ideas, growth, and change -- after all, that's how many of the rules and policies came into existence in the first place. So if you should have constructive feedback, please, let us know. But under no circumstances are disrespect and immaturity a suitable response if you should not get your way.

I apologize that these things even need to be said because they are really only aimed at the few, and not the very many awesome, awesome people here.

I hope this becomes a non-issue.

Regards,
Grand Master Jephos Mispir
Back to top Go down
http://www.thearmyoflightswtor.com
Traxex Wraw

Traxex Wraw

PostSubject: Re: The Rules DO NOT CHANGE   The Rules DO NOT CHANGE Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 5:41 pm

Im not bashing anyone here, but i dont really understand somthing.

Chat the other day was fun. But none of us were immature. I dont understand...none of us pretneded to kill eachother or talk about random stuff
Back to top Go down
Marcus Shogun

Marcus Shogun

PostSubject: Re: The Rules DO NOT CHANGE   The Rules DO NOT CHANGE Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 7:14 pm

what is it trax? i dont se any probs with it.
Back to top Go down
Bond
Ambassador
Ambassador
Bond

PostSubject: Re: The Rules DO NOT CHANGE   The Rules DO NOT CHANGE Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:54 pm

Rules are rules guys. We have rules so we can keep our guild the best there is.
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

PostSubject: Re: The Rules DO NOT CHANGE   The Rules DO NOT CHANGE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:28 pm

Traxex Wraw wrote:
Chat the other day was fun. But none of us were immature. I dont understand...none of us pretneded to kill eachother or talk about random stuff

Right now, the Army of Light's only real way of interacting with one another is Chat.

The High Council Chamber's are analogous to Mom and Dad's bedroom. You don't go in, unless you're asked. Ever.

The Lecture Hall is the study. You go there to learn and stretch the brain.

Members chat is the basement den. Do whatever you want in there.

The Embassy (i.e. MAIN CHAT) is the Entrance Hall/Living room. You watch your behavior, be mindful of guests, and generally act like your boss is in the room with you at all times. There's no rule against having fun. There's no rule against talking about random things. But if it gets out of hand, especially in Embassy Chat, that's a bad thing. It's bad in so many different ways that I don't even want to begin to list them.

There is no age limit imposed right now for the Army of Light. I've accepted that for the time being. That being said, each and every member is expected to conduct themselves in a manner that doesn't brutally signal how old you are.
Back to top Go down
Traxex Wraw

Traxex Wraw

PostSubject: Re: The Rules DO NOT CHANGE   The Rules DO NOT CHANGE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:18 pm

Yea there were some issues today in chat...

but even though caliber was there, nobody took me seriously when i said "stop"
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

PostSubject: Re: The Rules DO NOT CHANGE   The Rules DO NOT CHANGE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:23 pm

Say give them three chances, them ask an admin to intervene. The admin in question needs to make sure they remind the offenders that they've already been asked to stop multiple times, and the next time they don't abide when asked, the consequences will be more serious.

That should stop things real fast. If it doesn't, come to ME.
Back to top Go down
Traxex Wraw

Traxex Wraw

PostSubject: Re: The Rules DO NOT CHANGE   The Rules DO NOT CHANGE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 8:48 am

Vyynn Randos wrote:
Say give them three chances, them ask an admin to intervene. The admin in question needs to make sure they remind the offenders that they've already been asked to stop multiple times, and the next time they don't abide when asked, the consequences will be more serious.

That should stop things real fast. If it doesn't, come to ME.

I would, but
1: You werent there, lol

and

2: Your probably busy, considering you work 12 hour days.
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

PostSubject: Re: The Rules DO NOT CHANGE   The Rules DO NOT CHANGE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 3:02 pm

I don't mean just in chat. Get screenshots, then send them with an explanation to me in a PM. I or another admin will sort it out.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rules DO NOT CHANGE   The Rules DO NOT CHANGE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rules DO NOT CHANGE
Page 1 of 1