The Army Of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is our guild forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New hilt variation!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hibatir Mispir

Hibatir Mispir

New hilt variation! Empty
PostSubject: New hilt variation!   New hilt variation! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 4:38 am

Hey AL,

Last night I happened to be doing my daily jedi studies and I came across a NEW hilt variation. I thought I'd bring attention to this new and interesting bit of information.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/War_Dragon_rider <----------- Link to hilt

The new hilt variant is named " War Dragon Rider's saber" ( I know interesting name). Since its a "new discovery" at least to my knowledge there is very little information on this hilt. We are not sure how it works but I theory and I'd like to share it with you. I'd like to hear what you think about this hilt and how it would work, its use over other hilts a possible reason for its construction. Leave a post telling me what you think, we might (if time permits) talk about this in my class "Lightsaber combat class" on Tuesday at 7 PM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How it works

I believe the lower hilt is actually a lightclub (1)and the top hilt is a hollow hilt that has a vortex ring (2), a power field conductor (3), and a inert power insulator (4). IF the top hilt is made the way I think it is, then the top hilt would just focuses the blade through its hollow core and also staying aligned with the bottom hilt through magnetic fields created by the vortex ring and power field conductor.

Reason Why

I would think this hilt variation would be made to stop the common problem of a double bladed saber. This problem being a light saber could cut the saber in half creating a a chance for a destructive blow from your enemy. The battle between Darth Maul and Obi Wan (episode 1 star wars) is a perfect example of how this hilt might of help keep Darth Maul alive a bit longer. BUT we all know he would of been wrecked anyways.

-Index-

(1) Lightclub- A blade variant that projected a overlong blades. Commonly used for the "bigger" jedi

(2) Vortex ring- These rings were around the power field conductor "pushing" (if you will) the energy the diatium power cell had towards the focusing crystal

(3) Power field conductor- This conductor kept the energy of the power cell compressed and focused in one direction

(4) inert power insulator- This insulated the power cell from the hand itself

Link to hiltLink to hilt
Back to top Go down
Traxex Wraw

Traxex Wraw

PostSubject: Re: New hilt variation!   New hilt variation! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 6:13 pm

woah thats sick awsome!
Back to top Go down
Sifo Dyas

Sifo Dyas

PostSubject: Re: New hilt variation!   New hilt variation! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:25 pm

Nice Hib. Great job on everything.
Back to top Go down
Korvus Starlight

Korvus Starlight

PostSubject: Re: New hilt variation!   New hilt variation! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 1:51 am

An interesting design indeed. It's a double bladded saber without that drawback, interesting. However it does not look as if these were used by Jedi or Sith at any time. Rather they were built specifically for these War Dragon Riders. Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New hilt variation!   New hilt variation! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New hilt variation!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Army Of Light :: Guild Hall :: StarWars Discussion-
Jump to: