The Army Of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is our guild forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Game Caution

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

Game Caution Empty
PostSubject: Game Caution   Game Caution Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 4:00 pm

Ever wanted to buy a game, but you weren't sure that it'd be good?

If this ever happens to you, post the title of the game here, and I'll run through it a bit and post a review in here to steer you right about your purchasing decision.
Back to top Go down
yvean

yvean

Game Caution Empty
PostSubject: game   Game Caution Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 8:12 pm

Star wars the old republic? (LOL)
Back to top Go down
http://www.zombo.com/
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

Game Caution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Caution   Game Caution Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 11:05 pm

yvean wrote:

Is there even a question of how much butt it's going to kick? XD
Back to top Go down
WolfEyes

WolfEyes

Game Caution Empty
PostSubject: Re:Game   Game Caution Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 1:11 am

Alright, how about. Mag for the PS3
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

Game Caution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Caution   Game Caution Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:43 am

MAG

Massive Action Game (I wish I was kidding about that being the name) made headlines on the premise that it was going to have up to 256 people fighting in a SINGLE match.

MAG is a fundamentally good game with several glaring flaws. It attempts to take the best aspects of such popular shooters as Bad Company and Call of Duty and combine it with new, military-eque features, such as a definitive command structure and various command powers that increase as your rank goes up.

Unless you play in one of the VERY large gametypes (150-ish to the full 256 player playlists) the games is...plain. Not bad, but over-shadowed by more polished shooters.

The large battlefields are where MAG really shines. When you bring up the map, you can view the actions of every member of your team and their progress towards the overall goal. One team might be assaulting a communications tower in order to disrupt enemy chat, another might be attempting to sieze a critical bunker in order to establish a forward command post. It can be quite exhilarating to reach the end of a game, successfully executing a long term, comprehensive strategy with your team.

But oh no! Is that the dastardly Doctor Queue on the horizon, making the wait times for a game completely unbearable? And oh gosh! It's his sidekick, Captain Lag, and his lover, Madame Disconnect, making it impossible to finish a game once you finally DO start it.

FINAL OPINION: If you live RIGHT NEXT DOOR to your internet provider and you have good friends to play with, MAG can be unlike any console shooter you've ever played. However, if you don't, be prepared for the frustrations of any other typical online shooter...times 10.

Recomendation: Buy it if you don't have CoD, BF:BC, or Halo, or if you're a big military geek. It's definately an experience you can afford to miss, otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Enzo

Enzo

Game Caution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Caution   Game Caution Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:43 am

SW:TOR lol
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

Game Caution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Caution   Game Caution Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 3:18 am

yvean wrote:
Enzo wrote:

Unfortunately, I cannot leap forward in time for the sole purpose of reviewing a game. However, stay tuned next week as I analyze the horrifying effects of not reading threads to make sure someone hasn't already made the same joke as you!
Back to top Go down
yvean

yvean

Game Caution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Caution   Game Caution Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 10:54 am

Vyynn Randos wrote:
yvean wrote:
Enzo wrote:

Unfortunately, I cannot leap forward in time for the sole purpose of reviewing a game. However, stay tuned next week as I analyze the horrifying effects of not reading threads to make sure someone hasn't already made the same joke as you!

ROFL
Back to top Go down
http://www.zombo.com/
Sponsored content

Game Caution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Caution   Game Caution Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game Caution
Page 1 of 1