The Army Of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is our guild forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Testing New Game

Go down 
+10
Darken Starsky
Norris bly
Traxex Wraw
Foopaux (aka Trask Nylus)
Ayates Taran
naytiri
Vyynn Randos
Jessa Amitey
[AL]Rct.Haldir
RioBanchee
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RioBanchee

RioBanchee

Testing New Game Empty
PostSubject: Testing New Game   Testing New Game Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 1:42 pm

On the main web-site of SW TOR; you can signed up to test
the game (Talons crossed). Has anyone had any success being contacted by
BioWare yet?
Back to top Go down

Testing New Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing New Game   Testing New Game Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 5:16 pm

Nope i signed up for it a while back im still hoping though =] ill keep updated if anything happens.
Back to top Go down
[AL]Rct.Haldir

[AL]Rct.Haldir

Testing New Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing New Game   Testing New Game Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:18 am

Same with Halbringer, i applied a long time ago but havent heard anything from them yet. I dont think they picked anyone yet though so hopefully some AL members get selected.
Back to top Go down

Testing New Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing New Game   Testing New Game Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 5:12 am

Yah if one of us gets selected thatd be great hopefully they could make some footage out of it.
Back to top Go down
Jessa Amitey

Jessa Amitey

Testing New Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing New Game   Testing New Game Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 7:42 am

I signed up as well with my Laptop specs, hoping they would like to test the game on an old gaming laptop (they were talking about how the wanted the game to work on old pcs) but I haven't got contact yet.
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

Testing New Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing New Game   Testing New Game Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:41 am

I'm hopeful, my laptop is really nice.
Back to top Go down
naytiri

naytiri

Testing New Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing New Game   Testing New Game Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 11:15 am

yep i signed up too and nothing yet. we can only hope lol
Back to top Go down
Jessa Amitey

Jessa Amitey

Testing New Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing New Game   Testing New Game Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:03 pm

I was going to put down my gaming computer but changed my mind at the last moment. Well that and my desktop ended up going into repair after one of the fuses blew up (I knew I shouldn't have overclocked).
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

Testing New Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing New Game   Testing New Game Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:05 pm

My computer is hilarious, it's automatically overclocked by 30ish percent by the manufacturer.

Bless Asus. If my computer was a woman, I'd marry her.
Back to top Go down
Ayates Taran

Ayates Taran

Testing New Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing New Game   Testing New Game Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 1:38 pm

Heard my buddy Bond got in.
And I think I might get in, because my computer aint nice, but it aint terrible. They were aiming for a low spec game so everyone could play, so my computer would be perfect haha.
Back to top Go down

Testing New Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing New Game   Testing New Game Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 3:40 pm

I dont think the really bse it ff how well your computer isi think they just get a generator that randomly chooses cause if they did that my omputer would get first pick haha it a custom alienware gaming computer ive only had t for 3 months and i only have JA Ventrilo frostwire and Supreme Commander 2. With mcafee as the secrutiy system and its truly amazing, oh and running windows 7 also its better then perfect xD
Back to top Go down
Ayates Taran

Ayates Taran

Testing New Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing New Game   Testing New Game Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 4:01 pm

I wouldn't think they'd choose the good ones. Because they know those computers can handle it. The reason its cartoony is so its low spec and they can get more customers. If that's the case, which it is, they would want to see, at this time, if the way they are making it is low enough for worse computers. So they'd choose not the good ones, they might for efficient debugging input, but a lot of varied specs on computers.
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

Testing New Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing New Game   Testing New Game Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 4:03 pm

They are going to pick computers across the board. They need to make sure the high end special effects for the game work as well.
Back to top Go down

Testing New Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing New Game   Testing New Game Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 5:28 pm

yah ayates its gunna be random like i said their main focus isnt just the low tech computers they care about how good of quality that there game can be. thats why new game consoles come out to make better qualities they dont make Xbox 360 games for regular xbox your almost forced to upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Ayates Taran

Ayates Taran

Testing New Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing New Game   Testing New Game Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 6:51 pm

Well then why make the game cartoony? They should make it like SWG then. So it looks good.
Back to top Go down

Testing New Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing New Game   Testing New Game Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 9:59 pm

whats cartoony? because the features on the characters are fine and some times people dont want to have so much realism in a game because its not real, and it doesnt look cartoony to begin with if anything is like a cartoon its WoW and thats not even "cartoony". whether its cartoony or real looking doesnt make a difference of how well your computer will run the game.
Back to top Go down

Testing New Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing New Game   Testing New Game Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 1:03 am

I can't cause I'm under 18 (which sucks so hard!). I wish they'd do it lower.
Back to top Go down

Testing New Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing New Game   Testing New Game Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 1:55 am

the game is probably going to be rated M for reasons i dont know why, and i dont know why they have an age limit on there to begin with
Back to top Go down
Ayates Taran

Ayates Taran

Testing New Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing New Game   Testing New Game Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 12:51 pm

There is an age limit because there are legal duties to be upheld when you are allowed into the Beta, and if you are a legal adult, then they can put lawsuits or whatever against you. If you are under 18, you can't really be sued. So there would be nothing stopping people under 18 from putting up all the footage and info, and ruining the surprise.

Here is a quote: "The graphics in game are that of 'Stylised Realism', this was to give TOR a unique feel. It also allows a wide range of gaming systems to be used to play TOR"

And here is some good news: Good examples of PhysX movement shown on Jedi clothing. Realistic flowing capes and robes in the Video
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

Testing New Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing New Game   Testing New Game Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 1:47 pm

I like the way it looks.
Back to top Go down

Testing New Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing New Game   Testing New Game Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 1:50 pm

anyone can say they're 18 on the internet alls you do is check a box you dont do a whole survey of your past life, and its not like its a job application, its the internet they should know anything they do will get exploited in some way possible
Back to top Go down

Testing New Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing New Game   Testing New Game Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:59 pm

yea i guess thats right, but i hoping it will NOT be rated M.
Back to top Go down
Traxex Wraw

Traxex Wraw

Testing New Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing New Game   Testing New Game Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 10:04 pm

Foopaux (aka Trask Nylus) wrote:
I can't cause I'm under 18 (which sucks so hard!). I wish they'd do it lower.

dude you should have lied LOL. im 12 13 in 3 days who cares? they dont know the difference...*looks around to see if bioware isnt looking* lol
Back to top Go down

Testing New Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing New Game   Testing New Game Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 10:29 pm

Wow good job trax dont you know that Bioware moderates all ToR Guild Sites????
Back to top Go down
Traxex Wraw

Traxex Wraw

Testing New Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing New Game   Testing New Game Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 10:32 pm

do you really believe that they'll change stuff because of 1 post that a 13 year old posted? scratch that, NOT EVEN 13. -_- very unlikely
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Testing New Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing New Game   Testing New Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Testing New Game
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next