The Army Of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is our guild forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2 Republic Healing Classes?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sirj

Sirj

2 Republic Healing Classes? Empty
PostSubject: 2 Republic Healing Classes?   2 Republic Healing Classes? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:16 pm

I was just looking over the list of Advanced Classes in SWOR, and saw that not only does the Jedi Consular (wizard... 'snicker') have healing but the Smuggler does as well. The Smuggler also has a stealth/ medicine combo, and I just got a little confused. The term Medicine makes me think that that particular tree grants some type of self/ backup healing that the Smuggler was rumored to have in the first place. If that is the case then when they say Healing that must mean 'full blown' healing capability, right?

What do y'all think?

At first I was thinking Id go Gunslinger as my Advance Class because the minor healing thing did not really appeal to me. But if indeed the smuggler can Heal-Heal than I might go that route instead.

P.S. - The Healing for smuggler is listed under burst. So I am guessing that probably means, if the latter discussion is correct, that the Smuggler probably excels at AoE healing while the Consular excels at one-on-one healing. That's not to say they can't do both, I am just making assumptions on what little info we have at this point. Plus it's still awhile before the game releases anyway.
Back to top Go down
Teyfear

Teyfear

PostSubject: Re: 2 Republic Healing Classes?   2 Republic Healing Classes? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:32 pm

In the multiplayer video that Bioware released, the Smuggler healed the tank when the Consular was busy for a moment. It seems having a smuggler with some heals and a Consular is a good insurance policy for multiplayer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2 Republic Healing Classes?   2 Republic Healing Classes? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:18 pm

Well its going to be like wow a little bit that not just 1 class will heal there will be seperate kinds of healers that will do there individual part in PvE and PvP
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

PostSubject: Re: 2 Republic Healing Classes?   2 Republic Healing Classes? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 6:55 pm

I think the Smuggler is just going to have some minor heals and that 'medicine' will mean more of a buffing kind of thing.

Back to top Go down
Sirj

Sirj

PostSubject: Re: 2 Republic Healing Classes?   2 Republic Healing Classes? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:21 pm

Excellent points, but that just leaves me to wonder why it specifically says 'buffs' under the other classes and not under the Smuggler. I do think that when they say 'Medicine' that it's probably a minor healing, but then again why not just say 'Minor Healing.' 'Healing' on the other hand is listed as 'Healing' on the other classes which leads me to believe it's anything but.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2 Republic Healing Classes?   2 Republic Healing Classes? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:05 am

hmmmm it could be a HoT =] but i guess we'll just have to wait and see =]
Back to top Go down
Sirj

Sirj

PostSubject: Re: 2 Republic Healing Classes?   2 Republic Healing Classes? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:30 am

true that
Back to top Go down
Vyynn Randos

Vyynn Randos

PostSubject: Re: 2 Republic Healing Classes?   2 Republic Healing Classes? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:02 am

Shadow Priests CAN heal while doing damage, but it's not really advertised as part of the class. It's safe to assume the the opposite can happen as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2 Republic Healing Classes?   2 Republic Healing Classes? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:18 am

But shadow priests come out of shadowform when they trow up a heal and its also a sub class and you gotta specc into it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 Republic Healing Classes?   2 Republic Healing Classes? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 Republic Healing Classes?
Page 1 of 1