The Army Of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is our guild forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Muldoon's application thread. (Approved)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Muldoon

Muldoon's application thread. (Approved) Empty
PostSubject: Muldoon's application thread. (Approved)   Muldoon's application thread. (Approved) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 8:37 pm

1. Character Name (this will be your name on the site and forums):*

Muldoon

2. Class (Jedi Consular, Jedi Knight, Smuggler, or Trooper):*
Jedi consular

3. Please describe your knowledge of Star Wars? The more detailed the better, please: *

I am an avid fan of the movie, both old and new. If I had to count the number of times I've watched them, I might combust from the absurd geek factor, but suffice to say next weekend my friends and I, are having a fancy dress ep 4-6 session. Thankfully, there will be good looking ladies there, so that lowers the geek factor.

I am also a huge fan of the expanded Universe, both online (bless Wookiepedia) and in paperback fiction. I've read dozens of starwars books, from the early ones by Timothy Zhan, through the Han Solo series, and the Vong books, right up to the current Fate of the Jedi books which are still going right now.

If I had to explain how much I know about Starwars, would it help if I told you I can speak and writh sithic, the language of the sith? : )

4. Please tell us about your other guild/MMO experiences. If there is more than one guild/experience, please include all of them. If you left your last guild, please tell us why you decided to leave. If you have used more than one name, please list them all.*
Guild Name (Reason for leaving if applies): JEDL (I am still in that guild, but I've taken a break from MMO's, so when TOR hits I'm fresh and very excited)
-Name: Jen'doon
-Level:90
-Server:Bria
-Class:Jedi
-Race:Human

5. What type of role do you wish to take within the guild? How do you plan to be active? Please be specific.*

Well, that really depends what is needed of me. I've been in leadership positions before in guilds, and I've found my talents seem to rest in teaching, writing guides and doing events. In SWG, I played Lightside Jedi, which in PvP was a big no no, yet I PvP'd my way to the highest GCW rank available, notching up 1.5k kills in 6 months, which on Bria, for LS Jedi, is no mean feat, so I am pretty good at PvP also, though who can tell how that will apply in TOR.

Basically, I like to get involved in things at every level.

6. Why do you feel the Army of Light is a good fit for you?*

You guys are organized, obviously mature and serious and clearly very focussed on having a high quality roleplay experience with this game. Your website shows the dedication you are prepared to put it, and I respect that.

7. What do you expect of the guild? Please be specific.*

I expect everything you put down as requirements.

Respect
maturity
roleplay

I like to operate on a "bring what you expect to find" policy, if that makes sense to you. I won't be looking to the leaders to do everything for me. If I want more events, I'll do them.

8. Age:*

9. Time Zone:*

GMT

10. Role-Play experience/expectations. Can you give us some examples of Role-Playing you have participated in before. When it comes to expectations, give us an example of what would be fun to participate in, what you are looking for, etc.*

My character in SWG, Jen'doon (Muldoon's relative) was a Jedi Sentinel shadow. Basically, a detective investigator with a lightsaber, and I had tremendous fun with him, running around with 5 alter ego's, complete with their own mannirisms, costumes and backstories. I like roleplay with consequences, and love people who understand that good roleplay means, sometimes acting in a way that isn't popular or smart.

I did take some flak sometimes, not for being so hard core I was annoying, but because people thought I, as in the real me was telling them to back off, or keep their mouth shut. I had to send /tells explaining it was RP.

As for examples of roleplay I've taken part in, well with Jen'doon, after years of investigatons he had built up alot of RP enemies, many of whom would try and take revenge on his Padawans (I trained alot of students whilst in JEDL, 3 of whom later became council members)...so, to save them...I staged a series of events that culminated in me faking my own death. I changed my toons name (something that can't be undone for 3 months), gave him a disguise and roleplayed him undercover for 3 months.

11. How can you benefit and help the guild? Please include any skills or talents you have that you would enjoy doing within the guild. How have you helped your previous guild(s), if you have previous experience?*

Well, I love teaching classes and writing guides
I'm really good at writing in general, whether that be stories or biographies or class/school descriptions.
I'd be very active on the website
I hope, just generally set a good example, both OOC and in RP.
In previous guilds, I'd developed a reputation as someone who blends serious PvP with serious RP. There is no reason why a solid RP'er can't kick arse in PvP.

12. How do you define a quality member?*

Someone who gives more than they ask for, who creates peace and fun and limits drama, and someone who is active and motivated.

13. How did you find the Army of Light? Did someone recruit you? If so, please let us know who.*

TOR website, I did a tour of alot of guild threads and websites.

14a. Have you visited our website and chat room, and familiarized yourself with the, Charter, Mission Statement, and Rules of Conduct? (You must answer in the affirmative and please prove that you have)*

Yessir, how do you want me to prove I have?

14b. Do you pledge to fulfill them, most notably to uphold the virtues of Maturity, Honor, Respect, Personal Ethics and No Drama?*

I will do my best.

15. Would you say that you embody the qualities of Respect, Honor, Loyalty, and Maturity? What are your definitions of these four words? Please don’t just answer yes or no, let us know why you think you possess these qualities.*

I hope you don't think I'm being rude by saying so, but I think I, and anyone else could give a very pleasing answer to this question, and then not really live up to their words at all.

I try to be honourable, respectful, loyal and mature. I can't really say much more than that. The explanations of those 4 traits are so self explanatory I'd not want to be patronizing.

16. In more than 30 but less than 100 words, please describe your personal character and the type of person you are (We wish to get a good feel of the type of person that will be becoming a part of our guild family)*

Oh I'm a jolly old Scottish gent! I have a wickedly dark sense of humour, try to not take anything too seriously and offer a free pinch of salt with everything I say. I'm just your average chap really, the most sane person I know...Smile

17. Tell us a little about your in-game character*
-Character Name:Muldoon
-Character Physical/Mental Features: human, 31,tall, dark haired, pale skin, bright blue eyes. Subject is highly observant, quick thinking and has an excellent memory for names and dates and people.
-Character Biography:

Don't be offended, but I never post character biographies, as I always find it lessens roleplay. Rest assured Muldoon has a very well thought out, planned story that has already been written over several pages (Jen'doon, my SWG has about 30 holocron story entries which have alot to do with Muldoon, his ancestor).

I often find, if people can read things about your character, they either don't try to find out enough in game, or make silly assumptions in rp they'd never do if they didn't have your every detail on a plate.
Back to top Go down
muldoon

PostSubject: Re: Muldoon's application thread. (Approved)   Muldoon's application thread. (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 12:00 pm

anyone out there?
Back to top Go down
Norris bly

Norris bly

PostSubject: Re: Muldoon's application thread. (Approved)   Muldoon's application thread. (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:55 pm

Hey We move to a other site forum, http://thearmyoflight.forumotion.com/ go here to do your app.
Back to top Go down
Jaina Sorak

Jaina Sorak

PostSubject: Re: Muldoon's application thread. (Approved)   Muldoon's application thread. (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 9:48 pm

Greetings,

Thank you for taking interest in the Army of Light, and waiting patiently for results. I would like to congratulate you for becoming a trial member of the Army of Light. Trial Membership is a minimum of one week. We just want to remind you, we don't double guild. So please keep that in mind. We are pleased to have you as a loyal member. Welcome to the guild!

[] Obtain an avatar

[] Post at least 15 forum posts of substance
[] Place [AL]Initiate (Jedi), [AL]Recruit (Trooper), or [AL]Mate (Smuggler) depending on your class.
[] Interview with the Supreme Master or Grand Master
[] Visit the Embassy chat:
Click here

~Supreme Master Jaina Sorak
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Muldoon's application thread. (Approved)   Muldoon's application thread. (Approved) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Muldoon's application thread. (Approved)
Page 1 of 1